Can Starchoice co-exist with FTA on the same cable?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tariq_M

Original poster
Sep 15, 2007
I have had Starchoice for many years and I am completely satisfied with their service however I am bringing my parents to Canada and I would like to put a dish on Intelsat IA-5 so they can receive the free programming in arabic on that satellite.

The house came with roughed in RG-6 wiring that currently carries Starchoice to my DSR505 receivers.

Does anyone have any insights on what I would have to do from a switch perspective to combine the IA-5 signal with the Starchoice signal and then break it out again?

I have seen this done with Bell using standard switches - but I believe there is a switch embedded into the starchoice LNB assembly and I don't know what would happen if I were to stack switches.

I found an inexpensive ku mpeg2 receiver in Calgary for only $150 that would seem perfect for the application if I can combine the signal.

Thanks,

Tariq,

you can't combine the signal because both run on the same batches of frequencies (11.7-12.2)

you need a separate cable run for the FTA dish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)