can,t get a signal Quality above 7%

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeet

Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
hi, m using coolsat 5ooo and a 33" dish with dual lnb since last 3 days i hav been trying to get signal and my directions are 99% correct but i can,t get signal quality above 7% where ever i point my dish i get same quality. but i get 81 % level. IS it a LNB issue? is it defective ? should i change it ? or watelse should i try ?

I'm certainly no expert, but your problems sound a lot like mine when I first started out. I think that you just haven't hit the "sweet spot" where the satellite is.
I'd recheck your direction, and stand away from the antenna when you use your compass. That really bit me at first. :) It threw me off by about 10 degrees.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Setting up your first Satellite Dish, can be a real Bear, and if you call in a Professional, the first time around, they will probably help you to understand how it works...

I said this before, but the mods must have removed my post, but your Equip is probably good and the CoolSat 500 is good quality...

unfortunatelly most installers think the biggest dish out there is 20" and works for Dish or Direct :)

Thats what we are here for. Since he gave very vague info, we are trying to get some more info to help out :D

Iceberg said:
unfortunatelly most installers think the biggest dish out there is 20" and works for Dish or Direct :)

Thats what we are here for. Since he gave very vague info, we are trying to get some more info to help out :D

I can understand why you would think that!!! LOL However, 20% of the 40,000 SBCA Certified Installers are "Real Electronic Techs", and have been in the Big Dish Business for over 30 + years...

These Electronic Techs are more than willing to help the Hobbyist, learn how to set up their dish, but they have to feed and cloth their families, just like everyone else. So call the Professional, to help you out once in a while...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)