Can "Thanks for being an E* subscriber" charge be avoided?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
as long as you send back the recievers, dish will not charge for the LNB or Switches. They only charge those to your account, or credit card when possible if you did not return the receivers in time. no need to call, or have your account noted, or argue about it. the system is set up to not charge any equipment charges once the recievers are cleared from the account.

one thing for certain, that return charge will piss off departing subs, who will likely tell their friends.

the result?

The original sub will likely never sub again, and their friends will be discouarged too.

thus hurting future sales.......

stuff like this is why I personally believe charlie is putting dish network up for sale. or at least shopping it around, companies nearly always try to inflate numbers right before sale to increase sales price....

long term it hurts... long term to charlie isnt very long.......

Saved a $30 reciever retunn fee

UPS finally delivered the boxes that were to be used to return E* equipment. The return labels were stamped for the Dish Network here in El Paso, which has Echostar on the outside of the building. I took the boxes with the rvrs, lnb, remotes and switch to there. Suzie (a good looking receptionist) had me fill out two inventory forms. (one per rcvr) She put the S/N, CAID and card # on each paper and signed them. She made copies and gave the copies to me as reciepts. If my father is charged or billed for returning the equipment, he will be able to fight the charge because they were personally delivered and not sent through UPS. I also kept the UPS labels as they were not used.

Nope, you will still be billed $30 from dish, your efforts are for not! They sent you the boxes through UPS and also created return service labels. When they see that the equipment took a dip in the pool they will probably try to get you for some more! Some poor lease victims will be enjoying these boxes inside 45 days.

All this was outlined in an updated RCA still (not) available under legal on dishes website!

Last edited:
I am not stupid either. I unpluged the reciever before the drop of water entered the reciever. How can they tell when water entered the reciever? It was working when I unpluged it. Besides the water drop has dried by now and it has not been pluged in. How do they know it wasn't damaged during shipping, if it has to be shipped, or damaged in there warehouse while it is waiting to be processed. It might work when they get it. It's a 522 and about 4 yrs. old. Electronic equipment can fail at anytime for any reason. Besides, E* was discontinued for financial reasons not for equipment problems or failures.

Because you didn't ship it! This will be a 512 special all the way.

BTW: shes out of your league, she only goes with current subscribers!

Its always fun to watch people try to cheat a system that is cheating them.

Last edited:
AgentOrangeSkies,

Lets see what we know, he has 2 kids, 3 & 5, a mechanic at a Cadillac dealer, in / around the El Paso area, Suzie waited on him at the desk today, and he has a callous disregard for the equipment which neither he or his father actually owned but instead received for free under a lease and is considered dish property, okay book em danno!
Your posts are all the proof we need. You chose to publically boast about deliberately damaging the equipment.

No flams just pointing out the obvious!

One might also assume from his user name his own birthday is 1-3-76 or address is 1376.

Just like some might also just assume r10fret means malcontent, but of course they would be so wrong! Perhaps, just perhaps, R+FR actually means something like refurb, or ET means something else to some! Wouldnt that be kinda sneaky! ate logo

I was just told by a E* csr that if the equipment is personally delivered and the shipping labels are not used, E* will not charge the customer. If the labels were used to deliver equipment for someone else, then my father would be charged. So who would be right, an E* employee or some fanboy?

As for r10fret, and your insults, I DON'T CARE!!!!! Insluts, bad name calling, whatever I DON'T CARE!!!!! And you are WRONG on what 1376 stands for. It does not stand for my bday, address, ss#, phone#, work extention, area code or zip code. So have fun trying to decode what 1376 stands for Dr. Phil.

I am not stupid either. I unpluged the reciever before the drop of water entered the reciever. How can they tell when water entered the reciever? It was working when I unpluged it. Besides the water drop has dried by now and it has not been pluged in. How do they know it wasn't damaged during shipping, if it has to be shipped, or damaged in there warehouse while it is waiting to be processed. It might work when they get it. It's a 522 and about 4 yrs. old. Electronic equipment can fail at anytime for any reason. Besides, E* was discontinued for financial reasons not for equipment problems or failures.

I wasn't going to comment on this, but the more I read it the more I felt I should. We each handle problems in our own way, but the needless destruction of someone else's property is uncalled for.
What was achieved by what you did? How did this help you or your Dad? All over $30.00? Please don't say "it's the principle" because it's obvious you don't know what "principles" are.

Ghpr13:(

As for r10fret, and your insults, I DON'T CARE!!!!! Insluts, bad name calling, whatever I DON'T CARE!!!!! And you are WRONG on what 1376 stands for. It does not stand for my bday, address, ss#, phone#, work extention, area code or zip code. So have fun trying to decode what 1376 stands for Dr. Phil.

probably a randomly assigned pin number from something years ago, and denying it wouldnt help we all now know your biggest secret your all purpose pin number:)

Cough cough directv doesnt charge to get out equipment back cough cough Charlie cough cough.

Charlie if you reading this grow up get a life and stop sucking money out of customers.

No they find other ways, I am happy with the service I get from D* but the fact Im not a new customer, nor an old customer implies I am the "category" they use to suck extra fee's from

You think you are smart to spill water in the receiver and since the equipment wasn't fried that they wont know. Yeah right. If this is pool water, it will likely have chlorine in it, which will leave residue and staining on the circuit board. Nearly all water has mineral content as well and that mineral content will be left after the water has evaporated. They take the receivers apart when they get them and inspect the guts of the equipment. The water damage will likely be noticed and you will be charged.

UPS doesn't provide DISH with free shipping. DISH has to pay for that. Since they won't be recouping that cost from you over your future expected life as a customer, either DISH pays for the shipping and adds that to their operational expenses and then existing customers will pay for the shipping in terms of price increases, etc. It makes more sense for them to charge the person that places the UPS shipping costs on them. You don't have to ship the equipment back. You can simply pay for the equipment as well, it just won't have any resale value.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts