Can the primetime anytime feature be set to autosave shows?

archer75

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2008
I know that you can tell it to save shows you don't want deleted after 8 days but can you set certain shows to autosave?

nobody knows yet. seems pretty useless without it though.
It sounded like it would happen based on previous posts on the forum. Just not ready at launch and would be coming later on.

There's no technical reason for them not to do it since it's just programming.

Agreed. This should be a BONEHEAD for sure feature as combing though all the PTA to individually save each episode each week would drive people so insane as to even cancel service and go to the competition.

Sounds like its going to be pretty damn good right out of the gate.

If you set a series timer for a show that's covered by PTAT, it will remain on your Hopper past the 8-day window. I specifically asked them about this @ CES.
So, if I'm understanding this right, if I set a timer for a PTAT show, the timer won't use an additional tuner to record the show outside of the PTAT tuner?

Best to get it on the street and add features later. It would be obsolete if they held it back until every good idea got implemented.

Best to get it on the street and add features later. It would be obsolete if they held it back until every good idea got implemented.
Except for those who think they were "promised" certain functionality that eventually never gets delivered. :D

heh, sorry, just busting chops :)

dare2be said:
Except for those who think they were "promised" certain functionality that eventually never gets delivered. :D

heh, sorry, just busting chops :)

On iPhone, no button.

How does "shortly" compare to "SOON"? :D

"SOON" = "Shortly, Or Ostensibly Never"

"SHORTLY" = "Soon, However Obviously Really Takes Longer than a Year"

Notice that the two terms are circular references, which makes it take even longer to implement something.

Last edited:
"SOON" = "Shortly, Or Ostensibly Never"

"SHORTLY" = "Soon, However Obviously Really Takes Longer than a Year"

Notice that the two terms are circular references, which makes it take even longer to implement something.

Love it, and they are so suitable for DISH definitions.:D:D:D

AgentDisco said:
Any news of this feature? I'm not sure if I will keep using PTAT if it won't save the shows I already have a timer for.

It currently does this.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Would someone with S208 please be kind enough to explain how this new feature works? For example, once set, does it work with all current and future airings? Is there a new/rerun option? Can it easily be turned back off? Does it show up in the timer list?

TIA

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)