D.I.R.T. Help please, bad Sling Adapter!

rickyisbell

Original poster
Apr 20, 2012
I think I have a bad sling adapter. It never works right, I only get a black screen on both my iPad and iPhone. I have reset the hopper, unplugged the adapter, used a different USB port and nothing fixes it. Please help

Thanks

Ricky

mine won't even work with the hopper. I was irritated. When I called in they said it would work fine. here are my speeds (and I've done all the same stuff he has)

I figured out what the problem is! If you have parental controls turned on the hopper and then try to use the dish app to connect to a show that would normally make you enter your pin on the remote, it will just show a black screen on the iOS app. I have tested this several times and I am able to connect using the iOS app to a show that is not locked, but then when I try to go to a show that is locked my parental controls n the hopper, I just get a black screen. It doesn't give me the chance to put in the pin code. Dish really needs to fix this!

The Sling Adapter for the Hopper is not as refined as it should be, software wise.

If all tuners are in use, signal is lost, or if there is any sort of system prompt up, it will simply display a black screen. Very frustrating for users who don't know what's going on.