Can this be done...without damage

Status
Please reply by conversation.

8valve

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 13, 2010
Adirondack Mts
I have a question, so I dont blow anything up. Equipment in Question; GeoSat Pro 200 Receiver, Coolsat 5000 Platinum Receiver, DG 380 Dish Drive using USALS, Please keep in mind that at NO TIME will both receivers be turned on. I have the Geosat 200 in my Living room controlling the Dish Motor. Can I run a RG-6 from the LNBF loop OUT on the Geosat to a Coolsat in my office. I want either receiver to control the dish motor. Remember, only one receiver will ever be on, the other will be turned off. Can this be done....or is it Smoke time LOL. Thanks 8Valve

i have done this successfully in the past....it has worked and very well....i was using different receivers than you....but it did work for me....no harm in trying as long as they are never turned on at the same time....

yes it will work just fine

and even if both happen to be on at the same time you wont blow anything. Only the main receiver (the 1st in line) will work properly. The 2nd one will only get the same polarity as the 1st receiver us on

yes it will work just fine

and even if both happen to be on at the same time you wont blow anything. Only the main receiver (the 1st in line) will work properly. The 2nd one will only get the same polarity as the 1st receiver us on

Iceberg; You said; "Only the main receiver (the 1st in line) will work properly. The 2nd one will only get the same polarity as the 1st receiver us on" Are you saying this will happen if both receivers are on ? Or if the first receiver is off but on standby ? What if the first receiver was totally powered of, would the second receiver than have full authority for polarity ? Thank You 8Valve

yeah forgot that tidbit...brain thinks faster than the fingers can type

if both are on then "The 2nd one will only get the same polarity as the 1st receiver is on"

I do this all the time with two Visionsats while recording NASA coverage of shuttle missions. Typically, one receiver is recording from an SD feed while the other records HD. Since both are on the same transponder, there's never any conflict. One thing I found out is never turn either receiver on or off while recording with the other, as it will cause a bad glitch.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Best firmware for the sathawk family of receivers

SonicView HD8000 Screen Capture

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)