can this dish work to get fta

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jeet

Original poster
Jan 6, 2006
hi, i have this Starchoice dish on my roof which was left by old tenant. I am new to FTA world, can anyone guide me if i can use this dish to Get Fta channels and am willing to buy new reciver for it PLease guide me.If i can,t use this dish than please tell me which dish i should buy. i have attached the picture of the dish too .i,ll be very thankfull for help.

Attachments

• DSCI0002.JPG
    DSCI0002.JPG
    103 KB · Views: 197
Sure will Star Choice use linear LNB's Of course you will need a new receiver!

Have a look at our GOLD sponsors listed at the TOP of the page, those guys will sort you out.

I use the Fortec brand of receivers, they are also gold sponsors here too :)

i am thinking to buy coolsat 5000 is that a good choice ? and other thing is , do i have to get on roof and keep changing the directions to get signals or will that dish catch all satellites?

The dish you have looks to have 2 LNB's so you would be stuck with just one (or two) satellites. You may be able to use a motor then you will be able to get all the satellites from your area. (pending line of sight to the satellites of course)
The hardest part is setting up the dish/motor. If you are really thinking about FTA you may be as well getting a full size dish and quality low noise LNBF. You need at least a 30" dish. Bigger dish collect more signal and will help if it starts to rain.
I have seen and installed a few Coolsats, but I still prefer the Fortec range. But all receivers get the same channels so do your homework as you will be stuck with the receiver after you buy it, have a look at our review area and you can read all about the latest receivers.....

thanks, pbs for your help, now i have decided to buy a 33' dish and Invacom QPH-031 lnb and fortec reciver , thiers only one question in my mind now that is will i be able to recieve international channels or just the ones in canada .

WOW! Nice set up! I also use the Invacom LNB's
You will have more International channels than you will be able to watch!
Have a look at this one satellite......
http://www.lyngsat.com/ia5.html
All the channels with a big F are FTA.
Watch the Frequency
4 digit freq. are C-Band satellites (Need a 10' dish where you are)
with the set up you suggest you will get all the KU FTA channels
KU-Band channels have 5 digit Freq.
Also have a look at this link it may help you read the Lyngsat charts!
http://www.dmsiusa.com/charts.htm

119 what?!?

Would a 4' mesh BUD work for ku with say a Invacom lnb attached or does it have to be a solid type dish?

Last edited:
As long as the holes in the mesh are no bigger than 1/4" should work great for KU.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help...superdish DN & FTA

DirecTV and FTA (Intelsat Americas 5)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts