Can this thread be started? Bad 811 chip- Who what where?

My first 811 was a LABD (after 2 months OTA quite working), now have LADD. The LABD was much better with the black crush on component and DVI, only dark on video and s-video. The LADD has black crush on all outputs - video, s-video, component, and DVI. Hope it is fixed soon!

Well, my Component outputs are not dark per say, but the black level is not right. Dark scenes are pretty dark and some things get lost in dark scenes. Tough to explain. No problems with DVD or SD on my 522 or 501 when it was hooked up. Altho my 32CRT has not been ISF'd, it has been properly tweaked with AVIA several times over.

I still think the supplier had issues, whether the component malfunctioned during the manufacturer's checks or the supplier had a raw material shortage.

With China sucking up much of the available resources from steel, oil, and electronic components, there is a shortage of items for everything. My company is in a constant battle to get electronic components due to manufacturers' reluctance to expand to meet demand due to the sharp downturn in recent years. We had to resort to components on the "black market" that were 5 and 6 years old (normally anything 2 years old or older is rejected) that had a 60% fallout rate at test. Maybe this is the same situation where the first 811's used up the available stock of a component and good usable parts are now hard to find. This may have forced Dish to have production throttled back waiting on good parts to be supplied.

Or maybe the lenses for the spy camera mounted in the front panel was too dirty and needed cleaning before shipping??? =)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)