Can we add more recievers?

ckbrown

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
Monroe LA.
Hey guys!
Just joined in to ask a question of you experts and installers.
My Boss has a dish system at his camp. To my knowledge it is a single tuner w/o DVR.
I do not know what the model number of the receiver or the dish is.
I do know that there is one dish and I believe with 3 LNB's.
He says he will get it the next time he goes to his camp.
He wants to add 2 receivers to the setup. Both units are to be single tuners w/o DVR.
I have been searching the forums and believe that DPP34 will provide the three receivers
with what is needed to make them function. Or would it be better to use a DPP44 instead?
What do you guys think? I do some experience working with big dishes but little on
the smaller dish systems.
Thanks,
ckbrownla

I’ll let others answer, but I thought I’d say hello. I was born in Monroe. Ouachita Parish. Don’t think I spelled that right. My father’s mother lived there all her 98 years. Haven’t been back in decades. I don’t think I have any living relatives left there.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!

Reactions: charlesrshell
Hey guys!
My Boss has a dish system at his camp. To my knowledge it is a single tuner w/o DVR.
I do not know what the model number of the receiver of the dish is.
He wants to add 2 receivers to the setup. Both units are to be single tuners w/o DVR.
I have been searching the forums and believe that DPP33 will provide the three receivers
with what is needed to make them function. Would it be better to use a DPP44 instead?
What do you guys think? I do some experience working with big dishes but little on the dish systems.
Thanks,
ckbrownla

Hey guys!
I do not know what the model number of the receiver or the dish is.
I do know that there is one dish and I believe with 3 LNB's.
I have been searching the forums and believe that DPP34 will provide the three receivers
with what is needed to make them function. Or would it be better to use a DPP44 instead?
What do you guys think? I do some experience working with big dishes but little on
the smaller dish systems.
Thanks,
ckbrownla

You have now asked the same question in two different threads, both of which you started. The first time you asked, you got some advice. That advice has questions that still need to be answered in order to answer your original question.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Bobby,
Thanks for pointing that out. I could not find the original post and though I had not posted my question here.
Please delete the post from today. I have found the original one.
Thanks,
ckbrownla

Reactions: Tampa8 and TheKrell
I’ll let others answer, but I thought I’d say hello. I was born in Monroe. Ouachita Parish. Don’t think I spelled that right. My father’s mother lived there all her 98 years. Haven’t been back in decades. I don’t think I have any living relatives left there.

Sent from my iPhone using the SatelliteGuys app!
Thanks for the shout out. Always glad to hear from a former local. Yes you spelled Ouachita correctly!!

Reactions: navychop
Good Morning guys!!!!
I have more information about the camp installation.
From the the system info one screen, the existing receiver is a VIP222k. The disk is a DPP 1K.2, 1K.2(1), 1K.2(2), 1K.2(3).
Do you want to see the VIP222k system info one screen?
He had carried a VIP211z with him and attached it to the single cable from the dish. It did not work.
The system info one screen on the 221Z shows no switches connected. Do you want to see the VIP211z system info one screen?
The back of the 222k receiver has a DP Plus triplexer 175284 connected with cables going to the two sat signal inputs to the receiver.
He said that he tried all combinations and none of them gave any change in the system info one screen in the 221Z receiver.
When the 221Z receiver is connected to the tailgater portable dish has the following system info one screen .
The existing receiver is a VIP211z. The disk is a Mobile, Mobl(1), Mobl(2), Mobl(3).

I have photo images of the dish antenna, the system info one screens of the 222k, the 211z at mobile and the 221z at camp,
the triplexer, the 3 head LNB and the 222k dish point screen. I can send them to you if needed.
So why did the 221z not work with the 1K.2 dish? Would a 211k receiver work with the DPP 1K.2 dish or does it need a DPP 1K.4 dish?
THANKS for taking the time and trouble to help with this.
ckbrownla

Good Morning guys!!!!
I have more information about the camp installation.
From the the system info one screen, the existing receiver is a VIP222k. The disk is a DPP 1K.2, 1K.2(1), 1K.2(2), 1K.2(3).
Do you want to see the VIP222k system info one screen?
He had carried a VIP211z with him and attached it to the single cable from the dish. It did not work.
The system info one screen on the 221Z shows no switches connected. Do you want to see the VIP211z system info one screen?
The back of the 222k receiver has a DP Plus triplexer 175284 connected with cables going to the two sat signal inputs to the receiver.
He said that he tried all combinations and none of them gave any change in the system info one screen in the 221Z receiver.
When the 221Z receiver is connected to the tailgater portable dish has the following system info one screen .
The existing receiver is a VIP211z. The disk is a Mobile, Mobl(1), Mobl(2), Mobl(3).

I have photo images of the dish antenna, the system info one screens of the 222k, the 211z at mobile and the 221z at camp,
the triplexer, the 3 head LNB and the 222k dish point screen. I can send them to you if needed.
So why did the 221z not work with the 1K.2 dish? Would a 211k receiver work with the DPP 1K.2 dish or does it need a DPP 1K.4 dish?
THANKS for taking the time and trouble to help with this.
ckbrownla
I think I have the answer to this. It sounds like the ViP211z is still set for the mobile dish. When you connect it to the cable from the 1k.2 dish, you need to do a Check Switch to get it to recognize the new dish. After saving the results of the Check Switch, the ViP211z should work.

Reactions: HipKat
I did ask when told that I had posted two questions. I just could not find my original. Admins, please merge, if possible, my two threads.
Thanks so much and will be patient to verify if my question is posted.
Thanks so very much!!!
ckbrownla

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)