Can we get a 'New Posts' option for excluding Voom?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rad

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Dripping Springs, TX
For new posts I'd liked to see an option to exclude Voom posts. Today I had alomost a full screen of ports that had what program would be showing up in HD today, I really don't need to see that. Anyway, the Voom section generates more posts then all the other forums when you consider how small their customer base is.

Anyway, I'd just prefer to not have to work my way through all the Voom stuff.

rad, the expensive toy's that your wife let's you buy don't include HDTV equipment? :)

TuxCoder said:
rad, the expensive toy's that your wife let's you buy don't include HDTV equipment? :)

Yes they do, I'm just tried of having to wade through all the VOOM posts when you do a search for new posts. I just did a show new posts and on the 1st page out of 25 threads, 12 were for Voom.

I will see what I can do, but remember you can see new posts only by the companies you want to see by using the new post pull down. ;)

Scott Greczkowski said:
I will see what I can do, but remember you can see new posts only by the companies you want to see by using the new post pull down. ;)

Yep, I know that, and I like to see the stuff in the other forums, except for Voom. Maybe if Sean would cut down on the number of post he puts out about such and such program was in HD today it might help. I know you're proud that this is a major source of Voom info but for the number of customers that Voom has they have a disportionate number of posts showing up on the new posts function.

Maybe an alternative would be a an option in the users profile that says to exclude certain forums from view.

rad said:
I know you're proud that this is a major source of Voom info but for the number of customers that Voom has they have a disportionate number of posts showing up on the new posts function.
Perhaps the number of posts is proportional to the number of HD channels and to the number of daily HD premiers, not to the number of subscribers. :p

Seriously, I agree with rad: it would be nice to be able to subscribe to select forums and only see subscribed forums in the list of New Posts. Does vBulletin support that?

Seriously, I agree with rad: it would be nice to be able to subscribe to select forums and only see subscribed forums in the list of New Posts. Does vBulletin support that?

Yeah it would be nice. :)

Unfortunately this is not something vBulletin can do currently. However I have been talking with vBulleting devolopers and this could be a feature in the next revision of vBulletin. :)

You can add you "own" shortcut to you favorites and exclude any forums that you would like. You just need to pick the correct forum ID number. Maybe Scott can make a list.

Thanks Mark that would be the best way at the moment as we will soon be announcing some major forum changes and additions due to some new partnerships so some of the numbers may be changing.

Ti find out the forum numbers just point to each forum and look at the URL for each one.

You will see http://www.satelliteguys.us/showforum.php?f=83

For example to get rid of all the VOOM forums, you just need the 83. Putting the main number of the area gets rid of all the child forums as well, of you can do them on a forum by forum basis.

rad said:
For new posts I'd liked to see an option to exclude Voom posts. Today I had alomost a full screen of ports that had what program would be showing up in HD today, I really don't need to see that. Anyway, the Voom section generates more posts then all the other forums when you consider how small their customer base is.

Anyway, I'd just prefer to not have to work my way through all the Voom stuff.

Dont Worry Rad. All the Voom posts will be gone faster than you can say b a n k r u p t c y :p

zubinh said:
Dont Worry Rad. All the Voom posts will be gone faster than you can say b a n k r u p t c y :p

Yea, but when/if that happens it will be even worst with all the Voomer's crying in their beers and wondering what do with their STB's.

Yeah you're right. I was like that when I found out my Commodore 64 was useless.

On a side note, Whats been really funny is that if I even dare mention anything about Voom's demise in a Voom Forum I am immediately branded a "Troll" and then my good buddy Sean Motta goes ahead and deletes my post.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Thanks Mark that would be the best way at the moment as we will soon be announcing some major forum changes and additions due to some new partnerships so some of the numbers may be changing.

Ti find out the forum numbers just point to each forum and look at the URL for each one.

You will see http://www.satelliteguys.us/showforum.php?f=83

For example to get rid of all the VOOM forums, you just need the 83. Putting the main number of the area gets rid of all the child forums as well, of you can do them on a forum by forum basis.

Scott, FYI - I tried that earlier and it did not exclude all of the Voom forums. That's what I tried first, but ended up having to put all of the child forums in the exclude to exclude new posts from them. I figured that's the way it's supposed to work, but it didn't.

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but it has informative details and my questions is related.

I live off of the "forums index" page (/index.php, "Forums" from front page) and would like to be able to exclude certain forums from that view. Or conversely, only include certain forums. Is there a way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)