Can you buy a 211 instead of lease?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

ride525

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
SF Bay Area, California
Just wondering if it's possible to buy a 211 instead of pay the $6 monthly lease fee from Dish.

I bought my 811, so don't have to pay a lease fee.
Same with 6000, which I sold, and 4900 which I still have.

Thanks.

Yes, you can buy a 211, check out places like dishdepot.com.

With Dish's new plans and stuff, I think when you purchase your recievers, the lease fee just gets replaced by another fee of the same price, making your bill the same. I am not 100% sure on that though.

RobertsD said:
Yes, you can buy a 211, check out places like dishdepot.com.
Thanks, I took a look at the 211 prices at DishDepot. Looks like one costs $379.

RobertsD said:
With Dish's new plans and stuff, I think when you purchase your recievers, the lease fee just gets replaced by another fee of the same price, making your bill the same. I am not 100% sure on that though.
But why would one want to purchase a 211 for $379, when you can get one from Dish for $49, if the fees are the same (either lease or another fee of the same price)?

ride525 said:
Thanks, I took a look at the 211 prices at DishDepot. Looks like one costs $379.

But why would one want to purchase a 211 for $379, when you can get one from Dish for $49, if the fees are the same (either lease or another fee of the same price)?

If you lease a VIP211/411 your monthly subscription is higher because you also have to purchase the HD package. If you purchase a VIP211/411, you don't have to subscribe to the HD package and yet you can still watch all the HD locals plus OTA HD locals.

ride525 said:
Because when you're through with it, you can sell it to recoup your investment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts