Can you buy a 211 instead of lease?

ride525

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2003
SF Bay Area, California
Just wondering if it's possible to buy a 211 instead of pay the $6 monthly lease fee from Dish.

I bought my 811, so don't have to pay a lease fee.
Same with 6000, which I sold, and 4900 which I still have.

Thanks.

Yes, you can buy a 211, check out places like dishdepot.com.

With Dish's new plans and stuff, I think when you purchase your recievers, the lease fee just gets replaced by another fee of the same price, making your bill the same. I am not 100% sure on that though.

RobertsD said:
Yes, you can buy a 211, check out places like dishdepot.com.
Thanks, I took a look at the 211 prices at DishDepot. Looks like one costs $379.

RobertsD said:
With Dish's new plans and stuff, I think when you purchase your recievers, the lease fee just gets replaced by another fee of the same price, making your bill the same. I am not 100% sure on that though.
But why would one want to purchase a 211 for $379, when you can get one from Dish for $49, if the fees are the same (either lease or another fee of the same price)?

ride525 said:
Thanks, I took a look at the 211 prices at DishDepot. Looks like one costs $379.

But why would one want to purchase a 211 for $379, when you can get one from Dish for $49, if the fees are the same (either lease or another fee of the same price)?

If you lease a VIP211/411 your monthly subscription is higher because you also have to purchase the HD package. If you purchase a VIP211/411, you don't have to subscribe to the HD package and yet you can still watch all the HD locals plus OTA HD locals.

ride525 said:
Because when you're through with it, you can sell it to recoup your investment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts