can you change service address?

mikedz4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 15, 2004
I was curious if you can change your service address but leave your billing address like you can with directv? This is helpful for those of us attending college and living in a house.

thank you
michael

Depends on how he gets the locals, if he is in the dma they may be on spot beam which would not viewable in SD.
No, no that's not what he needs. The hardware stays in California. He is only changing his mailing address/legal residency to South Dakota and having his mail forwarded back to California. I told him just to not even say anything to Dish Network. He's on autopay so there's no bills to be forwarded.

I think he would be able to receive the sd versions of the major 4. He wouldn't get the rest as they are on spot beam, i do believe. I think the HD are on spot beam as well.

Could he be trying to get out from under the tax burden in California @ this time? :confused:
At this time he:
1. Is retired
2. Does not own property in California
3. Travels more than 6 months out of the year

So the house in California is now more like a Beach House than a permanent residence. No need for California's insane taxes, license fees, smog restrictions, etc. I was afraid if he suddenly told Charlie his new mailing address is South Dakota but he needs to keep California locals, that they might get suspicious of theft of service or something. So I advised him to keep it on the down-low for Dish Network.

Shouldn't be a problem. He should be able to change his billing address and leave his physical address the same.

At this time he:
1. Is retired
2. Does not own property in California
3. Travels more than 6 months out of the year

So the house in California is now more like a Beach House than a permanent residence. No need for California's insane taxes, license fees, smog restrictions, etc. I was afraid if he suddenly told Charlie his new mailing address is South Dakota but he needs to keep California locals, that they might get suspicious of theft of service or something. So I advised him to keep it on the down-low for Dish Network.

Wasn't trying to pick on him. I spend my winters in AZ and the first year I did I noticed all the RVer's from South Dakota. Found out Fulltimers use it because of its low sales tax and lack of income taxes. :eek:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts