Can you do this with a 622?

hillsmi

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 4, 2006
Michigan
Wondering if you can simultaneously watch TWO signals from the same output from a HD 622

Example...Have TV1 connected via HDMI cable for audio / video, and then have a second TV connected to the yel / red / white composite outputs, thereby watching the same channel output of TV1 on two different sets.

Can this be done, or will the box only output to one set of cables at a time, picking the better definition set of cables for the output signal?

I'm wanting to split TV1 to two different sets (mirror), one being the main HDTV, and a second, just a small SDTV / analog set in the bedroom (about 40ft away) for later night viewing. (TV2 is being output into one of the kid's bedrooms)

Thanks

Last edited:
Wondering if you can simultaneously watch TWO signals from the same output from a HD 622

Example...Have TV1 connected via HDMI cable for audio / video, and then have a second TV connected to the yel / red / white composite outputs, thereby watching the same channel output of TV1 on two different sets.

Can this be done, or will the box only output to one set of cables at a time, picking the better definition set of cables for the output signal?

I'm wanting to split TV1 to two different sets (mirror), one being the main HDTV, and a second, just a small SDTV / analog set in the bedroom (about 40ft away) for later night viewing. (TV2 is being output into one of the kid's bedrooms)

Thanks

Yes, both the HDMI and the component outputs are live at the same time. So you can do what you describe.

You could also turn on TV1 in the modulator screen to a different channel other than TV2. Split the coax output with a regular splitter and send the signal to that third TV using a coax.

You could have something like this:

TV1 - HDMI
TV2 - Cable Channel 73
TV1 - Cable Channel 75 (Actually TV3).

You could take it a step further and get a 6.2 or 6.3 remote and set TV to UHF PRO and you could control TV3 with a remote control.

BTW, this should be posted in the Dish Network forum.

You could also turn on TV1 in the modulator screen to a different channel other than TV2. Split the coax output with a regular splitter and send the signal to that third TV using a coax.

You could have something like this:

TV1 - HDMI
TV2 - Cable Channel 73
TV1 - Cable Channel 75 (Actually TV3).

You could take it a step further and get a 6.2 or 6.3 remote and set TV to UHF PRO and you could control TV3 with a remote control.

BTW, this should be posted in the Dish Network forum.

? though...There is no coax output for TV1 on a 622, only S-Vid, HDMI, component, and composite. The only coax output on the 622 is for TV2, so how could this be done, as described in the first paragraph?

The coax output is for both TV1 and TV2, on different channels. (Menu 6-1-5)

He means that ther is only one physical output. And I believe that he is correct.

http://www.laaudiofile.com/images/vip622_b.jpg

i see two satellite inputs, one OTA input, one for the remote antenna and one labelled Home distribution. ther are not separte coax outputs for TV 1 and TV 2.

The coax output is for both TV1 and TV2, on different channels. (Menu 6-1-5)

I have a 622 and 722 both setup to be viewed anywhere in the house with the 6.3 remotes described earlier.

622 TV1 - CH 27
622 TV2 - CH 29
722 TV1 - CH 31
722 TV2 - CH 33

Both receivers are in the living room with one coax running into the attic and that splits off into all the other rooms.

I gues that he bottom line is that you CAN do what the Op asked. You can also do waht others descrivbe but I am not quite sure that suits his needs. If he was for whatever reason looking to keep the TV abnd TV2 outputs separate that won't work with coax. but for most applicatiosn having both would bea plus.

Moving this discussion to the Dish Network area...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)