Can you do this with your 921 ?

audio_plus_services

Original poster
Nov 2, 2004
Hi !

We are the US distributor for a number of HiFi products like DreamVision, Cambridge Audio and Focal.JMlab speakers. We have a Dish Network 921 and we are wondering if it's actually possible to record some HD material, unplug the unit and bring it somewhere else (CES in Vegas for example!) and still be able to use the PVR functions ?

It seems that everytime we try to reboot the unit without any satellite connected to it, it says " acquiring signal " and there is no way using the PVR playback functions.

PLEASE HELP !

Thanks !

I believe you can, after a few minutes press the MENU BUTTON, Then Select TV LISTINGS, then select DVR List and you can view your shows there.

I dont believe you can hit the PVR button on the remote and have it bring up the listings though.

It works... sort of

I'm actually able to get the DVR listing, that's easy, the problem is that when I hit "play" I still see the "acquiring satellitte signal" for a while until it disappears... but it leaves a big black rectangle on screen and I see the programming playing behind it !

When I'm in the DVR listing, I don't see the "acquiring satellite signal" but as soon as I go back to try to watch it... no luck, I'm still stuck with the big black square...

:no

It works !!

After a couple hours of fiddling with that thing, I figured out the ONLY way of getting rid of the "acquiring satellite signal" screen ! you got into system setup and go look for software updates... click "done" and VOILA , no more " acquiring satellite signal" screen and I can use the PVR playback functions !

Here is something I learned by accident : You can watch your analog ota locals while you are recording 2 different satellite sd programs at the same time. I tried it several times and it worked. It doesn't work with an hd channel and a sat channel at the same time and it doesn't work if you are recording an ota digital channel and a satellite sd channel . But you can watch something else live, on analog ota channels, while you record 2 sd satellite programs at the same time.

Kind of cool. :cool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)