Can you DVR 2 items back to back on OTA?

scott78945

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I am trying to DVR both Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy tonight, which are shown back to back, but if I set it to DVR DH and then Grey's it will not let me change the channel. I posted this under the 942 Bug forum but unsure if this is actually a "bug". Usually when I DVR items back to back it will show one as "1" and the other a "2". I only have my 942 on 1 tv so I can usually use both tuners. Is this an actual bug or just me?

It's not a bug, it's a limitation- 1 OTA input. I've used this fix since Grey's started last season. I just extend Desperate Housewives by 1 hour and it records both of them in one event. So Grey's won't be listed in the DVR Event list, but it will show DH being 2 hours long. It's worked for me for the past year.

Manual timers work for me now on ota stations and when I had the 921. I have had no problems. I can even set two manual timers for different ota stations and I still get both shows. The key is to define the exact time to the minute with no overlapping timers or conflicting ones.

You should be able to record two shows on two OTA channels that follow each other. Make sure to zero out the pad timers (example start 1 min early end 3 min late should be both zeroed).

scott78945 said:
I am trying to DVR both Desperate Housewives and Grey's Anatomy tonight, which are shown back to back, but if I set it to DVR DH and then Grey's it will not let me change the channel. ...

If you mean it won't allow you to change to another digital OTA channel, well that's simply because you only have one digitital OTA tuner and the same thing will occur if you only have set one timer set. :cool:

I guess my solution has been had. I was trying to DVR on OTA and then switch to another OTA channel, but as someone stated I can only be on one channel OTA at a time. So, if I am DVRing a channel on OTA I have to watch a non-OTA channel. I got it now. Sorry for any confusion.

I Think You Can Do It With Directv Hd-dvr
They State It Has 4 Tuners 2 Ota And 2 Sat
I Just Dont Own One To Test With, Anybody Else?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)