can you get Nimiq2 82W in Los angeles?

ghostfear

Original poster
Oct 3, 2006
can you get Nimiq2 82W in Southern calilfornia Los angeles? what type dish is need to get nimiq2 82W Sat? and what is the best TP to put on finding this SAT.

Yes you can get 82W in L.A. (Confirmed in Orange County). 20" eliptical BEV/Dish 500 with appropriate LNB's to get both 91W and 82W. Note that most but not all channels from 91W can be picked up in SoCal. Requires SW21 switch. Important: Get the mast exactly vertical (don't eye-ball it), align correct LNB with 91 then carefully skew (rotate) dish about 54° until 82 received on other LNB. Suggest for 91°W setup try Channel 198/Transponder13/XPRS2 info = 84% strength and, for 82°W try channel 223/transponder 13/CBC Thunder Bay = 73%. If you wrongly align 1st LNB you will not receive a signal on the 2nd - common mistake. Also you may (will) have to run 'Check Switch' on receiver before it can see both satellites. Be patient. It may take a little trial & error.

Which transponders on 91 & 82 don't you have good signal strength in Orange County?

I live in LA and can tell you that I'm missing a bunch of HD channels from 82 -- TSN-HD, SPN-HD, CTVHD-E, CTVHD-W, CityHD, NBCHD-W, FOXHD-W, plus a few more. I would not recommend it to anyone in California.

The only reason I've kept my subscription is because I have a 9200, which I love. The word is that Starchoices HD DVR is buggy and expensive...

Nimiq2 82 in LA I'm getting zero signal strength on transponders 7,9,11,25,27,29,31 anyone geting TP 29 in Los Angeles or any of these TPs?

Nimiq2 82 in LA I'm getting zero signal strength on transponders 7,9,11,25,27,29,31 anyone geting TP 29 in Los Angeles or any of these TPs?

I am in OC and I do not get those TPs either. As long as I get get CBC-HD for HNIC I am not too disappointed.

Anyone up in Norther Cal (sacramento) who gets the HD channels? I used to have Evu last year and i got all HD channels back then. but I guess they have shuffled channels around?

I am in OC and I do not get those TPs either. As long as I get get CBC-HD for HNIC I am not too disappointed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts