Can you order a 2 hopper 1 Joey install

sabboth

Original poster
Sep 4, 2007
I was wondering if I called dish if I could order a 2 hopper 1joey install. Last time I checked you had to have 1 Joey for each hopper

correct
If you go through Dish they require a joey per hawper
If you go through a local retailer they can set you up how ever you want

Though if you explain your rational as I was lucky to do, tuner limits and knowing that if one Hopper goes bad you have no TV you may be able to go through dish as I did.

But I may been lucky as I have read it has been hard to get that set up 2 Hoppers/1 Joey like I did

Last edited:
If you can't find a local retailer (and I don't mean Verizon stores), you can order 2/2 from Dish, then tell in installer you don't want the second Joey.

I must admit I like the calling a local retailer, and have recommended it. However the only "real" local retailer around here I see on the Dish site is Via. I contacted them, they never got back to me. I'll try again, but might need to wait a few months first for other reasons.

If all fails, I'll order 2H/2J from Dish, and after a week or so, call to return the 2 Joeys.

Check your local yellow pages, just because they aren't on Dish's site doesn't mean there isn't any in your area.

Yes, perhaps I should try that approach- making sure they actually do the work and aren't just order takers. Seems REAL ODD that in this large metro area, there's only one "real" retailer.

If all fails, I'll order 2H/2J from Dish, and after a week or so, call to return the 2 Joeys.

Don't even have to wait. Can call Dish and get the Joeys sent back the second the installer leaves.

Sent from my iPad 2 using Forum Runner