Can you record 2 HD programs at once?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

RWB

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 1, 2004
In my home we totally rely on the DVR for nightly TV entertainment. No stinkin' commercials for us. With our present 522 we often record two programs simultaneously and watch previously recorded programs on the DVR.

I want to be sure I understand the features of the 622/722 receiver.

Can you record 2 HD programs at once on TV1 and TV2 while watching another previously recorded, and later watch the 2 pre-recorded programs in HD on TV1?

I am aware that the 622/722 only outputs HD on TV1.

Another way of asking;
Is the recorded program data on the DVR different relative to which TV (1 or 2) it is recorded to?

Thanks,

it's very similar to the 522

it also has an atsc tuner for a total of 3 tuners

To clarify... the third tuner is for Over the Air HD signals.

Make the switch, you'll love it! But wait a few weeks, to ensure you can get a 722.

In my home we totally rely on the DVR for nightly TV entertainment. No stinkin' commercials for us. With our present 522 we often record two programs simultaneously and watch previously recorded programs on the DVR.

I want to be sure I understand the features of the 622/722 receiver.

Can you record 2 HD programs at once on TV1 and TV2 while watching another previously recorded, and later watch the 2 pre-recorded programs in HD on TV1?

I am aware that the 622/722 only outputs HD on TV1.

Another way of asking;
Is the recorded program data on the DVR different relative to which TV (1 or 2) it is recorded to?

Thanks,
Don't confuse tuners with outputs. Yes, you can record 2 HD programs (3 with OTA) at the same time while watching another previously recorded HD program and play them both back in HD on tv1 outputs later.

I sometime record 3 shows while watching two from the DVR w/Pip. Lotta Hard Disk activity taking place.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)