Can you request a new satellite dish hook up

andrewj0781

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Feb 28, 2009
Altoona, Pennsylvania, United States
I think my 129 Dish needs realigned. It doesn't take much rain to knock it out and some times the weather can be nice and clear and it will box up on me quit a bit. I was going to join the service plan (which I know you have to keep it for 6 months or it's $25.00 to cancel) and schedule a appointment. My question is can I request a new Dish hook up? Instead of having two dishes can I go to one dish hook up? Would they charge me more than the $15.00 to do that?

Or lnb drift. You can do menu-6-1-3, let it run through and top left will say select details for lnb, if you have lnb drift.

And to be honest, you should get a better signal on a 500 pointed at 129 than you will with a .4 wa. In my experience anyway.

can you post your signals for 129? Maybe its not a realigment (could be bad cable or connection)

TRNS #1 = 31
TRNS #2 = 20
TRNS #3 = 0
TRNS #4 = 28
TRNS #5 = 0
TRNS #6 = 37
TRNS #7 = 0
TRNS # 8 = 34
TRNS # 9 = 29
TRNS #10 = 34
TRNS #11 = 43
TRNS #12 = 0
TRNS #13 = 0
TRNS #14 = 0
TRNS #15 = 0
TRNS #16 = 0
TRNS # 17 = 43
TRNS #18 = 44
TRNS #19 = 42
TRNS #20 = 43
TRNS #21 = 57
TRNS #22 = 43
TRNS #23 = 43
TRNS #24 = 41
TRNS #25 = 43
TRNS #26 = 43
TRNS #27 = 43
TRNS #28 = 44
TRNS #29 = 41
TRNS #30 = 42
TRNS #31 = 43
TRNS #32 = 46

(I hoping this is what you were talking about. Wasn't 100% sure but went it to point dish and selected 129 and went transponder by transponder.)

What ever the problem it's only my HD Channels coming off of the 129. Because when I'm having the problems if I change to SD feed it's no problem.

Last edited:
Is that your dish in your avatar attached to vinyl siding? That is probably your issue...the Dish people say that a dish can not be attached to vinyl siding. I personally have yet to find one mounted to vinyl siding that was as stable as any of the "approved" mount methods.

If I came to your house, it would get put on either your roof or a pole, if possible. I also like fascia mounts.

A "wing dish" generally has more solid/higher signal in terms of strength for a single orbital, but the new western arc 1000.4 is really solid as well. I am a fan of it.

Is that your dish in your avatar attached to vinyl siding? That is probably your issue...

If I came to your house, it would get put on either your roof or a pole, if possible.

A "wing dish" generally has more solid/higher signal in terms of strength for a single orbital, but the new western arc 1000.4 is really solid as well. I am a fan of it.

Yeah that's where the Dish guy hooked it up. We did have some pretty good wind this year and two I rent and the person who put the siding up didn't know what they're doing and some of the siding is lose. I never though of that. I don't know if I can get the 129 off of a pool but I guess when I have the tech come out I can have him check.

From that far north and that low in the sky I would guess that your signal strengths may not improve drastically, but having a stable mount would definately help keep them.

Yeah, they are below minimum, but only a few points. And Altoona gets pounded with wind, I would say get a tech out and see what your options are. A pole may be tough there, not knowing your surroundings of course, but I rarely put a pole in Altoona.

If you need any help with the tech visit Andrew, I could help you set it up and even get you setup with a single dish (with SP its $15 for the tech visit regardless).

Just PM me a phone number and I will get you handled.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)