Can you run a Hopper without a node?

lakebum431

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 5, 2005
Norris, TN
Strange question I know, but I'm changing my 2nd system over to Hoppers from VIP receivers this weekend and I just had a thought. I use the VIP receivers for my tailgate setup direct from a 1000.4 to the receivers. Once I make this change if I am only going to take 1 Hopper with me to tailgate do I have to use a node between the dish and the Hopper or can I direct connect the Dish to the Hopper?

I did run just one line from the hopper to the 1000.4 dish, works good but only two tuners work with out the node. You need the node for the third tuner to work.

This is on a tailgate setup so I only need one tuner (although two would be nice so I can swap between games quicker and use PIP). So it sounds like I need to buy an extra single node to make it easier. Grr.

single node is 25$ at amazon I got mine next day free shipping I did not even know I was missing the third tuner for a week when I did a check switch test because my locals were bad and that was on dishes side they fixed the problem.

If you'd like I have one you can have for $20. Was used by my neighbor for about a week til he decided he needed 2 Hoppers. Shoot me a PM if you want it and I'll get it out to you tomorrow.

aaronwt6 is sending me a single node. What a great place to have such helpful people!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts