Guide Info Incorrect

ramysr

Original poster
Sep 23, 2011
georgia
We have our DVR set to record all new jeopardy shows. For the last month nothing is being recorded and assumed it was due to old recycled shoes as indicated by the guide. We are in the Macon, Georgia DMA. We had some local teens make the teen tournament which alerted me to the fact that the guide info is incorrect for station 13 WMAZ out of Macon. The Info shows the aired dates of about a year ago.

I've downloaded and updated the guide to no avail. Where does this info in the guide get pulled from? Does is come from the local station? I need to know who is my target for the complaint.

Your best bet to get your complaint to the correct place is using DIRT here. Meanwhile, you know when the show is going to be new, if it is going to be new, so just record at that time everyday for now.
I would also suggest you contact the station, ask them to check into it. If you want to do a little research look at some online guides like Zap2It or smartphone apps that give the guide and see what they show. If they are all wrong it's the info coming from the station that is wrong.

(TVGuide shows it as new tonight, does not give an actual date)

Last edited:
We have our DVR set to record all new jeopardy shows. For the last month nothing is being recorded and assumed it was due to old recycled shoes as indicated by the guide. We are in the Macon, Georgia DMA. We had some local teens make the teen tournament which alerted me to the fact that the guide info is incorrect for station 13 WMAZ out of Macon. The Info shows the aired dates of about a year ago.

I've downloaded and updated the guide to no avail. Where does this info in the guide get pulled from? Does is come from the local station? I need to know who is my target for the complaint.

Well we can not have you missing the new Jeopardy shows, that just won't do at all. I can submit a Problem report on the channel for you no problem. I do need some account information to go along with the problem report. Can you send me a private message with the phone number on the account so I can get that submitted for you?

Good luck getting the guide problem to be fixed. Dish blames Tribune and Tribune blames Dish. I've had an OTA channel that's been wrong FOREVER!

Dish is still working on my Jeopardy air date problem.

There are two items that I discovered are clues to the problem. This all started around the first of the year to my best recollection. The guide aired date is always +2 days and 2012. When I look at the aired date for Feb 27th of next week it shows Feb 29th, 2012. Last year was a leap year.

I have verified others in this DMA have the same problem. My son in Battle Creek, Michigan does not. It has the be a date translation problem at the local station.

I set the 722K to record the last episode of Ghost Mine on SyFy the other night. It recorded Ghost Hunters instead. Must have been a last minute change in the schedule, eh?

Still no resolution to my problem. The local station engineer said they are sending on the correct Guide info to dish. Has Dish gotten so big and bureaucratic they can't solve the simple problems much like Washington DC? Unbelievable!!

A lot of data been screwed up lately.
Discover's show Fast N' Loud was saying new a lot.
CBS show Golden Boy says new when its not.
A few others but I can't think of them now.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)