Can you run hdmi and component?

kukblue1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 21, 2008
I have a vip 722 and currently have it hooked up with hdmi to a projector(dvi) Was thinking of getting an hdtv for my bedroom, just a wall seperating the too, which i could hook up with component. Actually I would hook up the projector to component and the tv bedroom to hdmi for sound reasons and less cables to run. Anyway do these outputs work at the same time. I know I would have to have it in single mode. Anyone else have both set up and does it work. Thanks Kevin

Yes. My experience is with only the 622 but I believe they are identical in this respect. You'll only have the stereo audio output with the RCA connections unless you can run the optical connection to your projector's sound system (or the other room) along with the component cables for the DD5.1 surround. You don't need it in single mode either unless you want to use the RF remote 2 in that other room...

Yes I have surround sound in with the projector. That is why I'm thinking of running the hdmi cable to the bedroom about 10 ft, and using the component to the projector.

It will work fine. I would do like previously stated, run component in your living room and HDMI to the bedroom. The bad thing is HDMI cables are a really particular design, so I don't know how long of a cable you're going to need to reach through a wall to another tv. If it's a bit longer you can buy longer cables, but don't go cheap because you may get what you pay for. Be prepared to shell out some money for a good HDMI cable that would reach. Otherwise consider running the components to you're bedroom. It would be more cables yes... a lot more.. but may be more cost effective if you're good at running cable cleanly through a wall.
Yes, if you want to use a remote to change channels in your bedroom you'll have to put it in single mode.

For all your cabling needs you can use monoprice. Yes, they are low prices, but a great product. You have an immense selection of gauges and lengths. Highly recommended, first heard about them on the AVS forum.

Both outputs are active all the time, you will only get the same program on both whether you are using single or dual user mode.

Just to be a little clearer on this, HDMI and component are run off TV1. You may still have the receiver set to Dual mode and another (call it TV 3) can watch something else in SD off the TV 2 output.

Of course the TV's hooked to HDMI and component outputs watch the same thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)