Can you still get a super joey if you have a hws

Joe891

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2015
Maryland
I tried calling customer service to talk about adding a Joey in the near future as the in laws are moving in around September. The csr told me the only option is the Joey 1.0 I asked about the super joey or wireless joey and she told me the only joey I can get is the Joey 1.0 is this accurate?

I tried calling customer service to talk about adding a Joey in the near future as the in laws are moving in around September. The csr told me the only option is the Joey 1.0 I asked about the super joey or wireless joey and she told me the only joey I can get is the Joey 1.0 is this accurate?
You were given incorrect information. You can have a Wireless or SuperJoey with a Hopper with Sling (H2).

If you only have 1 HWS then you can add the Super Joey. If you have 2 Hopper or the Hopper 3 you would be unable to add the Super Joey. Getting a H3 would be easier and cost the same as adding a SJ

If you only have 1 HWS then you can add the Super Joey. If you have 2 Hopper or the Hopper 3 you would be unable to add the Super Joey. Getting a H3 would be easier and cost the same as adding a SJ
I have 1 hws and 1 joey 1.0. But if I'm going to add another receiver I will need more tuners. Also I don't know if I can change to the h3 because I'm in my first year of a 2 year agreement. I'm not sure how dish is with the equipment and the agreements

I have 1 hws and 1 joey 1.0. But if I'm going to add another receiver I will need more tuners. Also I don't know if I can change to the h3 because I'm in my first year of a 2 year agreement. I'm not sure how dish is with the equipment and the agreements
Hopper 3 has 16 tuners which should be more than enough.

PM a DIRT member with your account number or phone number and your 4-digit PIN and they can tell you what your upgrade options are and what it will cost up front and per month. Do NOT give this information in a public post!!!!

I'd certainly get rid of the Joey 1.0.

Hopper 3 has 16 tuners which should be more than enough.

PM a DIRT member with your account number or phone number and your 4-digit PIN and they can tell you what your upgrade options are and what it will cost up front and per month. Do NOT give this information in a public post!!!!

I'd certainly get rid of the Joey 1.0.
Yeah I figured my plan is to get rid of the Joey 1.0 but of course I wouldn't give out my account info on the public post. Only difficult decision is to see what dirt member will be on

Yeah I figured my plan is to get rid of the Joey 1.0 but of course I wouldn't give out my account info on the public post. Only difficult decision is to see what dirt member will be on

Don't know what your config is but just remember that the Super Joey has to have it's own line to your dish.... I have a DPP44 in my setup with HWS & SJ..

Don't know what your config is but just remember that the Super Joey has to have it's own line to your dish.... I have a DPP44 in my setup with HWS & SJ..
That would not be an issue the location of my joey that i would want to replace that wire currently runs directly to the solo node so that wouldn't be hard for them to hook it up

H3 is the better option. Chances are the upgrade costs difference vs SJ would be minimal (if any).

Thanks for the advice everyone, I ended up getting the super joey because they wanted me to pay an upgrade fee to get the hopper 3. The tech installed it today and installed the new hybrid lnb because he said it works better for installing a super joey than the old method. The tech really like seeing carbon ui on the hws. Only thing was he didn't know how to run a switch check with the new ui so it was good I could walk him through it :)

Reactions: Troch77
Thanks for the advice everyone, I ended up getting the super joey because they wanted me to pay an upgrade fee to get the hopper 3. The tech installed it today and installed the new hybrid lnb because he said it works better for installing a super joey than the old method. The tech really like seeing carbon ui on the hws. Only thing was he didn't know how to run a switch check with the new ui so it was good I could walk him through it :)
Well hopefully your SJ doesn't have any Carbon UI issues.
I've seen lots of SJ posted here have many issues.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

Well hopefully your SJ doesn't have any Carbon UI issues.
I've seen lots of SJ posted here have many issues.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
Fingers crossed, so far I haven't experienced any other issues people have with carbon on the hws other than it used to run slow but that has sped up with u213.

Fingers crossed, so far I haven't experienced any other issues people have with carbon on the hws other than it used to run slow but that has sped up with u213.
The SJ is the one to worry about.
Not the HWS.
But the fact that it seem Okay now, Hopefully you are in the clear.

Dish only wanted $50 to upgrade me to Hopper3, But I turned it down as well.
For a number of reasons.
I have 2 Hoppers 2 joeys.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active

The SJ is the one to worry about.
Not the HWS.
But the fact that it seem Okay now, Hopefully you are in the clear.

Dish only wanted $50 to upgrade me to Hopper3, But I turned it down as well.
For a number of reasons.
I have 2 Hoppers 2 joeys.

Samsung Galaxy S6 Active
They wanted $200 for me to upgrade. I believe the csr worded it as a luxury item fee. So I said no thanks to that and just went with the SJ. Hopefully the SJ stays working correctly with no issues

I've got a HWS and a Super Joey on the Carbon UI and they work extremely well together.

Reactions: Joe891

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts