Can You try this on your 322s?

jpezz

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 13, 2005
I have a problem that one of my 322s doesn't output a screensaver on TV1 when it is turned off. TV2 outputs one and TV1 outputs it on the video output but not on the coax (RF) output. The other 322 outputs the screensaver on the coax cables on both TV1 and TV2.
Can others let me know if they get the screensaver on the TV1 coax output when it is off?
The Dish people sent me a replacement. It exhibits the same problem so they're sending someone out in a couple of days.
However, I wondering how unique my problem is.

The problem receiver also intermittently fails to send a channel signal when it turns on when a timer is reached, sending only the timer countdown and then the channel's guide info. Dish has admitted that the problem of "no channel signal" is a known one with no known solution. It seems that turning off the receiver and turning it back on has cured it in the one case where I caught it. The other times, it just meant that my recorder either got no signal at all or recorded the countdown and guide info.

JohnP

Using the RCA cable on TV1 displays a screensaver using my 522. I bet the 322 would do the same.

SimpleSimon said:
Your first problem is NOT a problem. It is the box doing a "passthrough" of the OTA coax input.

At four in the AM, I suddenly awoke and figured out what OTA was - over the air. But if that were the case, why would one receiver give me a screensaver and the other give me an "unconnected antenna" noise? Neither has a connection on the antenna input. And I asked Dish if there should be a screensaver and they said there should.

John

Try playing with the "TV/Video" button on the remote control for each unit. That button toggles that passthrough mode. Perhaps one 322 (without the screensaver) is set in passthrough, and the other (with the screensaver) is not.

TuxCoder said:
Try playing with the "TV/Video" button on the remote control for each unit. That button toggles that passthrough mode. Perhaps one 322 (without the screensaver) is set in passthrough, and the other (with the screensaver) is not.
You got it! Thanks. too bad the Dish people had no idea. I never noticed the button before and when I looked it up in the manual, it says it toggles between video and antenna input.

Thanks again. Knew I should have posted here before calling Dish.

John

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)