Can you use a SW21 with linear and circular LNBs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
WildeComputers

WildeComputers

SatelliteGuys Pro
My goal is to watch the World Cup (starting next week). I have a DW6000 pointed at G10 and this hooked up to my Fortec Classic NA. I have a DN500 pointed to 119 going to my home office and Nexus-S PCI card. I was thinking I would move this to 110 for Gol TV and hook up a switch to watch soccer on my TV. The only switch I have at the moment is an old SW21. Will this work? Or is there a recommended switch I could use?

However, if my assumption is incorrect, then there's no point in a switch. Assumption: G10: Univision will carry WC games, and 110: Gol TV will carry WC games. I am not too concerned about the audio in spanish, as I usually mute or turn the volume down for sporting games (can't stand color commentary).

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
sadly a SW21 will not work. Dish likes to use their own type of switches so that won't work.

Only options are Diseqc switch or a 22k switch

PSB

PSB

On vacation
Nov 5, 2003
Iceberg said:
sadly a SW21 will not work. Dish likes to use their own type of switches so that won't work.

Only options are Diseqc switch or a 22k switch

Or my favorite a good old A/B switch and another cable run!

M

mark_calgary

SatelliteGuys Pro
Feb 19, 2005
The dry side of the Rockies
WildeComputers said:
However, if my assumption is incorrect, then there's no point in a switch. Assumption: G10: Univision will carry WC games, and 110: Gol TV will carry WC games. I am not too concerned about the audio in spanish, as I usually mute or turn the volume down for sporting games (can't stand color commentary).

I'm not sure GolTV has any WC rights but I could be wrong.

Peter Iowa

Peter Iowa

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jan 19, 2006
central US
I have an old sw21 hooked to two ku lnbs (on 36 and 31 inch stationary dishes)
and I put Russia news channel between channel lists - I go there and then switch to
the g10r channels, or back to telstar 5 channels (the few I watch there) and it works, oddly enough - saved a few bucks that way.

Peter Iowa

Peter Iowa

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jan 19, 2006
central US
My unusual receiver (Topfield w/no card) - didn't seem to matter what setting
with sw21. I did mix ku and circular dish lnb in a previous year for sw21 and
sometimes it did lock out one signal completely.

Peter Iowa

Peter Iowa

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jan 19, 2006
central US
I said "with no card" so people realize it's impossible to receive a scrambled channel

Peter Iowa

Peter Iowa

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jan 19, 2006
central US
I have to say that Topfield is quirky but it's been reliable and the bugs do not disable
functionality (came from 3abn deal 2 1/2 years ago)

J

jgbayless

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 8, 2006
Mississippi
When I tried to use a sw-21 it would work inadvertantly. Like if I bypass a channel and then comeback, it sure tests your patience sometimes.

Stargazer

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
Has anybody ever known anyone that could get two legacy lnbf's on a Dish500 to work with a DP-34 switch? I saw one hooked up that way and asked about it and they said that it does work. They are not DishPro lnbf's on that Dish500, they are in fact legacy. I dont know if that is too far off topic.

M

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
I didnt think the DishPro & Legacy would work together

DishPro is stacked whereas Legacy isnt

Peter Iowa

Peter Iowa

SatelliteGuys Guru
Jan 19, 2006
central US
Couple years ago had dishpro 500 w/sw21 and i was lucky to get even
one satellite on either dishpro or legacy receiver.

WildeComputers

WildeComputers

SatelliteGuys Pro
Yeah, looks like you may be right, I cannot find any World Cup games listed on Gol TV's website. However, Univision does have USA vs. Czech Republic on Monday (6/12) at 10:30AM CDT and the USA vs. Italy on Saturday (6/17) at 1:30PM CDT. All on G10R!!!

Here's a good website that lists the World Cup games and the channels broadcasting them: http://www.livesoccertv.com/world-cup-2006/

Status
Please reply by conversation.