Can you use a SW21 with linear and circular LNBs?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

WildeComputers

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
My goal is to watch the World Cup (starting next week). I have a DW6000 pointed at G10 and this hooked up to my Fortec Classic NA. I have a DN500 pointed to 119 going to my home office and Nexus-S PCI card. I was thinking I would move this to 110 for Gol TV and hook up a switch to watch soccer on my TV. The only switch I have at the moment is an old SW21. Will this work? Or is there a recommended switch I could use?

However, if my assumption is incorrect, then there's no point in a switch. Assumption: G10: Univision will carry WC games, and 110: Gol TV will carry WC games. I am not too concerned about the audio in spanish, as I usually mute or turn the volume down for sporting games (can't stand color commentary).

sadly a SW21 will not work. Dish likes to use their own type of switches so that won't work.

Only options are Diseqc switch or a 22k switch

Iceberg said:
sadly a SW21 will not work. Dish likes to use their own type of switches so that won't work.

Only options are Diseqc switch or a 22k switch

Or my favorite a good old A/B switch and another cable run!

WildeComputers said:
However, if my assumption is incorrect, then there's no point in a switch. Assumption: G10: Univision will carry WC games, and 110: Gol TV will carry WC games. I am not too concerned about the audio in spanish, as I usually mute or turn the volume down for sporting games (can't stand color commentary).

I'm not sure GolTV has any WC rights but I could be wrong.

I have an old sw21 hooked to two ku lnbs (on 36 and 31 inch stationary dishes)
and I put Russia news channel between channel lists - I go there and then switch to
the g10r channels, or back to telstar 5 channels (the few I watch there) and it works, oddly enough - saved a few bucks that way.

My unusual receiver (Topfield w/no card) - didn't seem to matter what setting
with sw21. I did mix ku and circular dish lnb in a previous year for sw21 and
sometimes it did lock out one signal completely.

I have to say that Topfield is quirky but it's been reliable and the bugs do not disable
functionality (came from 3abn deal 2 1/2 years ago)

When I tried to use a sw-21 it would work inadvertantly. Like if I bypass a channel and then comeback, it sure tests your patience sometimes.

Has anybody ever known anyone that could get two legacy lnbf's on a Dish500 to work with a DP-34 switch? I saw one hooked up that way and asked about it and they said that it does work. They are not DishPro lnbf's on that Dish500, they are in fact legacy. I dont know if that is too far off topic.

Couple years ago had dishpro 500 w/sw21 and i was lucky to get even
one satellite on either dishpro or legacy receiver.

Yeah, looks like you may be right, I cannot find any World Cup games listed on Gol TV's website. However, Univision does have USA vs. Czech Republic on Monday (6/12) at 10:30AM CDT and the USA vs. Italy on Saturday (6/17) at 1:30PM CDT. All on G10R!!!

Here's a good website that lists the World Cup games and the channels broadcasting them: http://www.livesoccertv.com/world-cup-2006/

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts