Can you use a SW21 with linear and circular LNBs?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

WildeComputers

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
My goal is to watch the World Cup (starting next week). I have a DW6000 pointed at G10 and this hooked up to my Fortec Classic NA. I have a DN500 pointed to 119 going to my home office and Nexus-S PCI card. I was thinking I would move this to 110 for Gol TV and hook up a switch to watch soccer on my TV. The only switch I have at the moment is an old SW21. Will this work? Or is there a recommended switch I could use?

However, if my assumption is incorrect, then there's no point in a switch. Assumption: G10: Univision will carry WC games, and 110: Gol TV will carry WC games. I am not too concerned about the audio in spanish, as I usually mute or turn the volume down for sporting games (can't stand color commentary).

sadly a SW21 will not work. Dish likes to use their own type of switches so that won't work.

Only options are Diseqc switch or a 22k switch

Iceberg said:
sadly a SW21 will not work. Dish likes to use their own type of switches so that won't work.

Only options are Diseqc switch or a 22k switch

Or my favorite a good old A/B switch and another cable run!

WildeComputers said:
However, if my assumption is incorrect, then there's no point in a switch. Assumption: G10: Univision will carry WC games, and 110: Gol TV will carry WC games. I am not too concerned about the audio in spanish, as I usually mute or turn the volume down for sporting games (can't stand color commentary).

I'm not sure GolTV has any WC rights but I could be wrong.

I have an old sw21 hooked to two ku lnbs (on 36 and 31 inch stationary dishes)
and I put Russia news channel between channel lists - I go there and then switch to
the g10r channels, or back to telstar 5 channels (the few I watch there) and it works, oddly enough - saved a few bucks that way.

My unusual receiver (Topfield w/no card) - didn't seem to matter what setting
with sw21. I did mix ku and circular dish lnb in a previous year for sw21 and
sometimes it did lock out one signal completely.

I have to say that Topfield is quirky but it's been reliable and the bugs do not disable
functionality (came from 3abn deal 2 1/2 years ago)

When I tried to use a sw-21 it would work inadvertantly. Like if I bypass a channel and then comeback, it sure tests your patience sometimes.

Has anybody ever known anyone that could get two legacy lnbf's on a Dish500 to work with a DP-34 switch? I saw one hooked up that way and asked about it and they said that it does work. They are not DishPro lnbf's on that Dish500, they are in fact legacy. I dont know if that is too far off topic.

Couple years ago had dishpro 500 w/sw21 and i was lucky to get even
one satellite on either dishpro or legacy receiver.

Yeah, looks like you may be right, I cannot find any World Cup games listed on Gol TV's website. However, Univision does have USA vs. Czech Republic on Monday (6/12) at 10:30AM CDT and the USA vs. Italy on Saturday (6/17) at 1:30PM CDT. All on G10R!!!

Here's a good website that lists the World Cup games and the channels broadcasting them: http://www.livesoccertv.com/world-cup-2006/

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)