cancel Cox cable

D

dborino

Jan 8, 2009
las vegas
Hi, I tried to cancel Cox Cable today and go to Direct Tv. Cox told me they would put a filter on and I wouldn't be able to have any other TV. Is this info correct. Thanks for any input:confused:

Tyralak

Tyralak

SatelliteGuys Master
Oct 21, 2003
Secure, Undisclosed Location
Hi, I tried to cancel Cox Cable today and go to Direct Tv. Cox told me they would put a filter on and I wouldn't be able to have any other TV. Is this info correct. Thanks for any input:confused:

They're full of crap. Tell them if they touch your DirecTV system, you'll sue them.

Oh, and :welcome to Satelliteguys.us

Big Dawg 23

Big Dawg 23

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 13, 2008
Northfield, MN
They're full of crap. Tell them if they touch your DirecTV system, you'll sue them.

Oh, and :welcome to Satelliteguys.us

I am assuming the filter they are referring to is a data only trap on your coaxial in from the Cox line. The filter only allows to have HSI and Phone(assuming you have that). It is the only way for Cox to prevent the basic channels from being broadcast to the home.

I moved to D* on Nov. 1. Previously to that I had Charter Triple Play. I have dropped the cable but kept Phone and HSI. I cancelled on Nov. 3 on Nov. 4 they came out and installed a data filter only trap on my line.

AntDogg65

AntDogg65

SatelliteGuys Pro
Apr 25, 2008
Nashville, TN
All I can do is echo what these guys are saying. I went to satellite a year and a half ago from comcast and they put the filter on so you can't receive their service anymore. That is the only way they can stop you from taking their service, satellite service is a completely different type.

raoul5788

raoul5788

Studebaker driver
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 28, 2004
Cheshire CT

Like Big Dawg said, they will put a filter on your line so that you cannot get the clear qam channels for free. You will still be able to get their HSI or phone service. It will have nothing to do with Directv, who would install their own lines.

gadgtfreek

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
All the installer has to do is tap into the line after their crap, which isnt hard. They cant control the cables inside YOUR home.

D

desiguy2447

SatelliteGuys Family
Dec 1, 2004
Cox

When I was getting Cox installed after 12 years the contractor for Cox who runs the new lines almost got sued by Dish Network because the contractor ran the new COX line to Dish Network's Box (where everything for Dish Network comes together). This after I told Cox the day before that all this stuff goes to Dish Network.

The only reason this nearly happened was because I had an issue with Dish Network, and an installer came out, and noticed the line from Cox..

It took two weeks to get a new line dropped again by Cox even after Dish network gave Cox a buzz.