Canceled Dish Today... And dish didn't care

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Congratulations! You're not worth saving. If you're looking for a deal next time, maybe ask instead of threatening to quit. I would love to shake that CSR's hand.

Dish didn't care; neither do we.
Man, some of the responses on this board are just rude.

To Zero327, if it upsets you so when people post about canceling, perhaps you might consider just skipping that thread.

To Pakbackr, if you don't care, then why did you bother to read the post in the first place and respond.

The hostility I have been seeing in posts on this board is getting pretty ridiculous. And if you guys don't agree, then that's fine, I'm just stating an opinion here. I wish we could tone down the smart ass comments that seem to be getting more prevalent these days.

Some of the people here are diehard E* supporters. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. E has a good service... just didnt fit my sports needs. But SOME people are a little crazy. They should be Charlie's men's room attendant they love the guy so much.

I canceled dish today. Not because I was unhappy with Dish but because I am turning off all cable and going to a OTA/Media Center setup. I watch so little TV its hard to justify the cost.

Sounds a lot like what I am thinking about doing later this year. I changed my programming to HD-Only to reduce my bill and trim the channels to what I prefer anyway but I'm still seriously considering OTA and Netflix. Less noise and fewer bills would be nice.

Congrats on the change. Enjoy life!

Sounds a lot like what I am thinking about doing later this year. I changed my programming to HD-Only to reduce my bill and trim the channels to what I prefer anyway but I'm still seriously considering OTA and Netflix. Less noise and fewer bills would be nice.

Hi my name is VaberMan and I am a HD junkie. I would love to join the OTA crowd but with the Olympics and Elections this year I can't stand the "major" networks coverage only. Enjoy the summer free of TV overload. I am jealous.;)

I'm also considering this; I don't have a phone-line, so I get slapped with a $5 fee each month...and, really, I only watch 3 channels (and I could easily live without 2, and the 3rd wouldn't take long to adjust to)....in general, I watch DVD's and play various video-games, way way more than I watch regular TV.

Good

Thanks, that really needed to be said. :up

All you die hard Dish people can get lost, I like Dish and have supported Dish. I just wanted to point out that a company that has gotten awful press lately, plus bad sub numbers let me walk out the door with out even a whisper. So you die hard Dish fanboys should be concernced. Becasue if everyone that called to cancel was not even attemped to be save, Dish will contunie to loss subs to DirecTV, and quaterly reults will continue to get worse.

So if you vaule/like Dish Network you should care...

Dish Sub Growth ‘Plummets’ 76% In Q4 - 2/26/2008 8:24:00 AM - Multichannel News

All you die hard Dish people can get lost, I like Dish and have supported Dish. I just wanted to point out that a company that has gotten awful press lately, plus bad sub numbers let me walk out the door with out even a whisper. So you die hard Dish fanboys should be concernced. Becasue if everyone that called to cancel was not even attemped to be save, Dish will contunie to loss subs to DirecTV, and quaterly reults will continue to get worse.

Sorry. Not buying that.

Sounds to me like you had your mind made up. Told the CSR *exactly* why you were leaving and that you weren't going to look back. And...SURPRISE!!...you didn't get your butt kissed.

Yes, winback is paid to do just that. But if you stated your case clearly enough, why waste the time...and $$$...to do nothing? If anything, I'm glad they didn't. Dish can then concentrate on winning back legitimate situations, instead of chasing after lost causes.

As pointed out in that article though, it was a decrease in gains, meaning they still added customers, just not as fast as the previous year. Given D*'s recent HD onslaught, it's not surprising though.

haha.... this article made me laugh when they blamed the problem on housing. Oh, nobody can get financing for a house.... yeah, ok... I rented for years before buying and always had cable or satellite. Renters watch TV too. I guess this boils down to the flavor of the week, blame the housing slump! That is the popular thing to do, and in many industries, it is the housing problem that is hurting business. But I seriously doubt this is the case with Dish. This is laughable. They are jumping on the bandwagon by blaming housing.

Some of the people here are diehard E* supporters. That isn't necessarily a bad thing. E has a good service... just didnt fit my sports needs. But SOME people are a little crazy. They should be Charlie's men's room attendant they love the guy so much.

That's the most humorous reply I've seen in a long time! :D

Actually, I left Dish about a year ago to try out the offering from my local phone company - Dish tried very hard to keep me. When I called in January to see what they had to offer Dish bent over backwards to get me signed up. I guess some of us are still considered worth keeping. I'm sorry Dish didn't include you in that group.

coming from a E* employee, I would have expected that half ass answer

Having been a CSR & early age collections rep & PT authorizations for a major retailer I can tell you there are certainly a few customers you'd just love to say that to.

My favorite collection call to tell was from some kid whom had never made 1 single payment and wanted to know why the card was no longer working and when I explained it was for non-payment said that I should raise his credit limit because he was doing me a favor by spending at our store. He seemed unpersuaded by my insistence that we weren't even breaking even by his not paying and he said he'd just have to shop elsewhere from now on since I would not reopen the account and raise his limit. :rolleyes:

It all depends upon which CSR you get.

I just canceled my service with DISH. Had my cancellation fee waived because I have been led on since 2006 about LIL HD.

Some will work with you, others will not. Some just don't care.

Yeab if you are calling to threaten to cancel to get an adjustment.. good luck.

I would have however at least offered to downgrade.

Its a Non negotiable to not offer anything. Why dont you call back and ask to speak with a sup?

My favorite collection call to tell was from some kid whom had never made 1 single payment and wanted to know why the card was no longer working and when I explained it was for non-payment said that I should raise his credit limit because he was doing me a favor by spending at our store. He seemed unpersuaded by my insistence that we weren't even breaking even by his not paying and he said he'd just have to shop elsewhere from now on since I would not reopen the account and raise his limit. :rolleyes:

sounds like what I deal with in cell phones. People call in because they are suspended for non-pay and they "are a long time customer" (yep...July 07 is long time) and are always late and if we don't turn their phones back on without a payment, they're going elsewhere.
My response...well, they'll cut you off for not paying too :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)