canceled service on Monday

It's OK

I am so confused now.... you said your coworker hung up and her boyfriend and husband too. Did she use rope?

From what I can tell from this thread the whole thing is confused. :confused: As jacobm69 pointed out the OP wrote they were getting it for 115 per yr. comcrap doesn't have anything except lifeline package for that kind of $$.

You should have told the CSR that you would throw a big wall of text at her. Then you would have been offered free DISH for life. :rolleyes:

You should have told the CSR that you would throw a big wall of text at her. Then you would have been offered free DISH for life. :rolleyes:

I just spit out my Coke. Thanks, now I got to clean my monitor.;)

I see no problem in "asking" for a deal. Even a new customer deal. You will never know unless you ask.

Does everyone here pay sticker price on a new car? Do people with interent access, like us, not do any research when buying a car(just as an example), trying to find out what it retails for, plus trying to find out what the dealer paid for it, then try to make the best deal possible?

If you don't get what you want, you can walk away. Perfectly fine. If the OP did not like the current cost of Dish, looked for a deal and did not get it and left, that is fine with me.

He may have put down dish, but all the other companies he will deal with for TV will do the same thing. The greatest deal is OTA. Pay for the antenna, and the rest is FREE! Now for that "free" part you may get only 4-5 channels max, but if you want more you are going to pay for it.

I LOVED the Dish NOW! prepaid service. Absolutely LOVED IT! Had it for over two and half years, and loved. But then it went away, and was replaced with FLEXTV, which is not even close too being the same. FLEXTV may be gone now as well AFAIK.

But I came hear, bitched and complained that it(Dish NOW!) was gone, and never coming back. Oh, well. That's life. So I just packed up everything I had(still have it), and went in another direction.

I would like too see it return someday in it's previous form, but doubt it ever will. Was WAY TO BENEFICIAL for the customer, and not the company. Dish would have been bankrupt if too many people had known it existed.

But someday, I gather, either Dish, or someone else will try it again.

But my main point is that people have a right too come here, complain, give their experience, and say whether or not they stayed or left. That's all.

I wasnt try to whine. I guess I didnt explain the reason I canceled. Partner took a new job with less pay. We were paying around $75 a mo with the top 200 with hd . Partner complaining that nothing is on and that is high for nothing to be on. Dropped to hd silver still no channels they wanted to watch. So now will get Comcast bundled with HD for $115 for a yr. Also tried too edit and dont see where it would let me. It was there when I first posted and disappeared . I guess after the first response.
sorry wrote this early in morning meant $115 a month.

I have no problem with cable/satellite offering great deals to new subs...it's just competition...But I do think when ever they come out with a better piece of equipment, they should have some type of upgrade offer for their current subs...I don't think it's fair that new subs get the latest and greatest equipment, while current subs have to make do with outdated equipment or pay a premium.

Ghpr13:)

I have no problem with cable/satellite offering great deals to new subs...it's just competition...But I do think when ever they come out with a better piece of equipment, they should have some type of upgrade offer for their current subs...I don't think it's fair that new subs get the latest and greatest equipment, while current subs have to make do with outdated equipment or pay a premium.

We got the latest and greatest when WE signed up. How quick you forget. The sword never swings both ways.

I see no problem in "asking" for a deal. Even a new customer deal. You will never know unless you ask.

Does everyone here pay sticker price on a new car? Do people with interent access, like us, not do any research when buying a car(just as an example), trying to find out what it retails for, plus trying to find out what the dealer paid for it, then try to make the best deal possible?

If you don't get what you want, you can walk away. Perfectly fine. If the OP did not like the current cost of Dish, looked for a deal and did not get it and left, that is fine with me.

He may have put down dish, but all the other companies he will deal with for TV will do the same thing. The greatest deal is OTA. Pay for the antenna, and the rest is FREE! Now for that "free" part you may get only 4-5 channels max, but if you want more you are going to pay for it.

I LOVED the Dish NOW! prepaid service. Absolutely LOVED IT! Had it for over two and half years, and loved. But then it went away, and was replaced with FLEXTV, which is not even close too being the same. FLEXTV may be gone now as well AFAIK.

But I came hear, bitched and complained that it(Dish NOW!) was gone, and never coming back. Oh, well. That's life. So I just packed up everything I had(still have it), and went in another direction.

I would like too see it return someday in it's previous form, but doubt it ever will. Was WAY TO BENEFICIAL for the customer, and not the company. Dish would have been bankrupt if too many people had known it existed.

But someday, I gather, either Dish, or someone else will try it again.

But my main point is that people have a right too come here, complain, give their experience, and say whether or not they stayed or left. That's all.

Also, they should have a right to write English the best as they can without being put down and kicked, especially if it is not their first language, by people that probably can't speak the posters native language.

Maybe we should try to be a little nicer and ask them to try to explain a little better, or don' answer their post at all.

We got the latest and greatest when WE signed up. How quick you forget. The sword never swings both ways.

How pretentious of you to assume EVERYONE gets a new customer discount.

I received no deal signing up with Dish. I signed up for my retired mother in another state, but am billed directly. I did not want her to ever see a bill. That account got the then current new customer discount.

Several months later I wanted to sign up for service for my house (another state). Dish network's response was that I was already a customer. I could have a second account but do not qualify for any promotions. I had to buy my own receivers & satellite dish & do my own install. I could have had Dish do it, but at much greater cost, and with old used 301 receivers under "lease". No free installation or equipment.

I installed a brand new rooftop amplified antenna and rotor to get my locals, and therefore had a reduced rate ($5.00 less per month). I expected to have my antenna system pay for itself over two years with this savings, then be "gravy" thereafter. I also have a receiver that keep in my camper exclusively & activate only during camping season.

Not only did I NOT benefit from a new customer promotion for myself, but I got screwed again when I re-activated my RV receiver a few weeks ago. Adding that receiver back onto my account canceled my at200 without locals package & forced me into the locals package. I know several of you will say "it's only $5 plus tax a month". Well I'm glad YOU have money to burn, but I got a much better picture with my rooftop antenna, and a lot more channels. Also, why would I want locals in the RV when I'm not home?

On the first call, two levels of Dish network people said this could be reversed. Nothing happened, so I called again, and three different dish people told me too bad, this cannot be reversed. Not once was I warned that any change to my account (however minor, like re-activating a receiver) would result in this package change.

I admit I do enjoy the programming, and that is why I am still with Dish for the time being. Someone earlier in the thread mentioned competition & the resultant discounts. As it is , I am watching the various internet based "on demand" services being introduced, in beta, and available now. This along with the network internet re-broadcasts could very well spell the end of Cable/DBS as we know it, or at the very least a massive price reduction. I have found that I can replace about 70% of dish network with legal internet based alternatives.

This changes everything.

Just because this information does not impact your particular situation, what makes you think that it will not 'change everything' for some of the over 2,000 people who have read this?

Oh, BTW, any previous subscriber in 'good standing' can legally get a new customer deal under the terms of DHA 24. All they have to do is drop the service for 90 days and sign back up.
Ed

KAB,
I don't quite understand your point. I know "we got the latest and greatest when we singed up", but the point I was making is that E* or D* should have certain "upgrade" discounts offers for their current subs, specially when it comes to new DVRs. Make current subs feel like they mean something, not like they can stay or go, it really doesn't matter to E* or D*.
T-Mobile offers special deals to new subs all the time, usually offering the newest phone for free or at a greatly reduced price. Yet, when I want to upgrade my phone, T-Mobile is always willing to work with me on an upgrade. Do I get the same offer as a new sub? No, but they do offer me discounts instead of telling me if I want to upgrade, I must pay retail price for a new phone. Yes, I have to extend my contract with them, but why wouldn't I? They serve me well and still give me discounts when I want to upgrade.
That was the only point I was trying to make.

Why is there always someone who expects "something for nothing". I think anyone who does this is just a crook. It is not any different than robbing a bank. You are trying to steal.

I agree, they should provide some type of upgrade for their current subs especially some of their older subs who have old equipment. I bought and installed my system over 12 years ago and Dish has never given me a penny. I asked if they would upgrade my system and they said I would have to pay to upgrade and I told them no thanks. I'm thinking about going to Direct because they will give me a new system for free and I'll also get MSG and YES in HD as well as SNY in HD for all the baseball games, not like Dish where you don't know untill game time if the game will be telivised in HD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)