Canceled Service

Jaeldawn

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 27, 2012
Tennessee
This morning when I didn't have internet I called Wildblue and they said the turned off our service due to downloaded copyright material. They claim that we downloaded some movies onto our computer. It is just my husband and I at the house and we don't do that. I ran an anti virus and it found nothing, I don't see any unusual processes running and I cannot find the movies that she mentioned. Could they have this info wrong?

Never heard of this. However, do you have it hooked up a wireless router or access point that is not password protected and maybe have a neighbor close by that could be stealing your wifi?

I have a wireless router that is password protected. I live in the country with only 2 neighbors and the closest one is more than an acre away. I guess the only other option is that I was hijacked, but I don't see anything that showed that. The only movies I watched were blockbuster @ home but they are not the movies Wildblue is claiming I downloaded. It is so frustrating.

I have read of this happening with dsl and cable providers,alleging that a customer d/loaded copyrighted material when in fact it was the providers error.I don't know how you can prove them wrong though.

Well I wonder if this will get me out of my 2 year contract. I will be more than happy to leave Wildblue. These have been the two worst weeks of internet I have ever had since I started with them. It has been one thing after another.

Well I wonder if this will get me out of my 2 year contract. I will be more than happy to leave Wildblue. These have been the two worst weeks of internet I have ever had since I started with them. It has been one thing after another.

I'm not sure but,usually those contracts are very hard to get out of.It would seem to me they would have to provide you the proof of what was d/loaded.I would hound the heck out of them though,if it were me.

They could be wrong if they provide dynamic wan ips instead of static. Someone else could have had your ip address then rebooted the providers router/modem and got a new ip. Or, someone used your wifi without you knowing.

Teehar said:
I'm not sure but,usually those contracts are very hard to get out of.It would seem to me they would have to provide you the proof of what was d/loaded.I would hound the heck out of them though,if it were me.

I am going to hound them for sure. Unfortunately I am at work so I can't work on my computer, but I am sure that this is a mistake. I just don't know what I need to do to prove it and get my internet back. One thing that did concern me was when the tech was there fixing a problem I had earlier in the week he was trying to test the bandwidth and clicked on the wrong link and actually downloaded some kind of computer scan software. I am always Leary about untrusted software like that. I wonder if that put anything on my system.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts