CANCELING DISH

yellowcanary73

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Mar 12, 2006
This sounds a little scary Im about to cancel dish after 4 years I have heard so many nightmares about them charging for returned recievers even never sending boxes or giving wrong address's.Whats the best way to send them back I plan on taking pictures of everything I put in every boxes.:confused:
Any other suggestions?

I have never had a problem sending equipment back except one time they sent two boxes to send two 301's back and I packed them in one box trying to save them on shipping. I saw a charge on my bill for one of them. All it took was one phone call. Back then they were using UPS, guess they still are. When you drop them off just ask for a receipt. I think you will be ok.

This sounds a little scary Im about to cancel dish after 4 years I have heard so many nightmares about them charging for returned recievers even never sending boxes or giving wrong address's.Whats the best way to send them back I plan on taking pictures of everything I put in every boxes.:confused:
Any other suggestions?
get the proper address from dish and pay to ship it back yourself. Obtain all receips and tracking numbers. If you use UPS or Fed Ex, once you transfer custody over to them, THEY become responsible for the shipment.

This way Dish cannot use the excuse of "we never received your equipment" to charge you for the equip.

Tracking numbers.
You get that with the receipt but you have ask for it. Canceling your cc is a little drastic in my opinion. If you are so concerned about charges from E* just call your bank. They will block any future charges, however if you owe them money they will and should pursue collection. If they were to try to collect something you feel you do not owe your best course is to call them. Again canceling your cc is a pia and a little drastic in my opinion. Paying to ship them back is not necessary. Just get a shipping receipt from UPS when you drop the boxes off.

I wouldn't. E* has been great to me. We might have some Local HD concerns, But I've really have no other complaints.
Yeah, with the exception of the VOOM fiasco DISH has treated me well. I've never had billing or support issues with them. Any problems that have occurred have been corrected quickly and efficiently.

Mario

Yeah, with the exception of the VOOM fiasco DISH has treated me well. I've never had billing or support issues with them. Any problems that have occurred have been corrected quickly and efficiently.

Mario
There are some people that are never happy with anything. They are programmed to be miserable. I wish I could post the notes for this service call i have today, This customer calls to complain about something every 6 weeks. Now on that note, this person is unhappy with the service and they should cancel.

That said. Most folks who call and threaten to cancel have legtitimate beefs with Dish. However there are a few that complain just to complain. These are the people one sees moving to Idaho because they swear the govt is using black helicopters just to spy on THEM.

I'll be canceling my Dish service in about two weeks as well. E* has been great to me too but D* now offers my local channels in hd(can't pull in the with antenna) and I'm a big sports fan. It just makes more sense for me to have D*.

I'll be canceling my Dish service in about two weeks as well. E* has been great to me too but D* now offers my local channels in hd(can't pull in the with antenna) and I'm a big sports fan. It just makes more sense for me to have D*.
See ,Thats a good answer and a good reason. You go with who has what you want . End of story.

See ,Thats a good answer and a good reason. You go with who has what you want . End of story.

I was gonna switch and cancel until E* Retention talked me out of it. They gave me $15 off for a year with no further committment on my part. I didn't really want to leave because I always did like their equipment and really didn't relish the idea of going through the hassle of changing and reinstall; but was only leaving to get my home hockey games in hd. I figured I could live with sd for the time being on my team's game, and watch the highlights on the nhl network; plus this discount basically paid for my subscription for nhlci for the year.

RE returning equipment, all good advice but I would add that you should insure the package to cover the replacement cost of the equipment. I agree that most returns are handled correctly but... you never know and the cost to insure is not significant.

How can you disagree with someone else's experience? It's what they feel about how THEY were treated, not you. We ALL know you hated / hate / will hate Voom but you cannot disagree with someone else's experience. Disagree with your own.

I don't see that he was disagreeing with anything!!

Any other suggestions?

Funny, you ask.
I had a bad 622, and after some on the phone debug, they decided to replace it at no charge. They send me a new one and a Return slip for the defective 622.
After about 6 weeks, they left me a message on the phone to urgently call them.
When I called them they said I need to return the defective equipment, I said I did,
and that went back and forth.
Luckily I had the UPS tracking number, I tracked the package and it said that was received by a certain person, at some Dish location.
I call Dish back with the information, ripped them apart for being dishonest and disorganized, so they apologized and offered me something of a discount for my time,
Can't thrust Dish or any company when it comes to shipping, get the tracking number, and save a copy of it once it reaches final destination.
If it does not reach the final destination, take the issue with the carrier.

Also when I've sent back my 211 , They never tried charging me a non return fee.
D* tried it though, with a D10 and HR20. But I had all the proper return slips and tracking numbers ,so it was quickly resolved. But it pissed me off , I can tell you that much.