Cancellation of service question

Depends on when the system was installed. If its within the first 180 days the retailer gets charged back (If ordered through a retailer), and trust me they will come out to your home to remove the equipment including DISH, LNB and switches.

As far as the wiring, its up to the person removing the system, I usually don't remove it unless the customer does something to piss me off.

My feeling is that in the first 180 days I paid to install the wiring, I got charged back on the wiring, its not being used by anyone.

Its just like a lady I had who we had to pole mount her Dish 150 feet away from the house. She cancels and switches to Directv and then takes the Dish, receivers and remote control and puts it outside her front door, and calls me and says she put it outside and if i want it I better come and pick it up before someone steals it.

I get out there, all my equipment it sitting on her front porch and in the back yard Directv conviently used my pole and wiring :(

Took my equipment, set it in the truck and then went and got my sawsall and also removed the pole and pulled up all the burried cable I had installed a few weeks earlier for FREE. I set the Directv Dish on the ground right where I cut out the pole and left.

I get a call from her daughter 3 weeks later saying I had no right to remove the pole and wiring. I told her to call Directv back out and have them finish the installation they never completed because they used my pole and wiring.

She said she already called them and they wanted to charge her $150 :)

I told her thats about what they should charge you, after I had to give you the pole and burry the wiring for FREE just to get you to take the service. You don't want my service, tell me to come "pick up my sh*t" so I came and took all my sh*t back including the pole and the wiring.

Took her about a month for Directv to come out there and to re-install her system the right way, because her daughter called me up one day trying to get me to compansate her on the bill for the month they where without service.

that's cool!....Amazing how far the enetitlement mentality of some people will carry them..Good for you!....I'd have done the same thing..I am surprised that this ex- customer of yours ddin't threaten a lawsuit..That would have been a knee slapper....
I had a similar occurence with as retail cust....I installed a system for a cust who went to serval reatilers before we agreed to do the job....Here's the rub..They we're selling their house and buying a condo near the NC beach...They were unsure the new place would have LOS so a mover would have been impossible in which case they would have cancelled....The resulting chargeback and loss of the EQ would have been expesive....SO here's what we did..We agreed to install the EQ at the present residence and they agreed to pay $300 extra plus the cost of the EQ which we would hold for the first year..If they cancelled nside of the first year they would forfeit the roughly $500..They signed off on that and we did the job....Well three months later they cliamed poverty and wanted to cancel and of course they wanted to give the EQ back plus get their $300 back as well..We said no dice.$ we're kkeping the $300 as part fo the agreement .We'll take the EQ back but THEY had to get it to us..Otherwise it was $100 to make the trip out there to pick it up.The other choice was keep the EQ and we keep all of the $..The cust went ballistic and threatened to sue us..My boss's response, "see you in court"...Not a peep after that...See she was under the impression that if she CANCELLED in the first year she get her money back....That is what this dumb bitch said..When I got to these people's house I called my boss(owner of the company)and told him we needed to walk away from this..But he being the salesman's salesman couldn't resist a deal said put it in..I tolsd im the next day this was a headache not worth the $$..I was right ..Fortunately he followed my advice and covered himself on the charge back..
The people I work for now have every customer sign a form that states WE will backcharge them as well as Dish.....If they don't like that condition, they are free to shop for satellite elsewhere............

Wait, so if i cancel I have to crawl up on my roof and remove the LNB's?

I don't see that happening...

no..however you are responsible for the return of the LNB..You agreed to that when you sigend off on the job....If you don't want to retrieve or do not feel safe retrieving the LNB you will have to pay someone to retrieve it for you...I think Dish charges $99...Retailers are usually in line with that rate within a few bucks........

I am severely disabled, it is impossible for me to get on my roof except by helicopter. Will I need to pay for someone to get the LNB down, while others who aren't disabled can get it down for free?
Are you implying that you should not have to pay the tech doing the work BECAUSE you are disabled?...
The person doing the work has to be compensated..That's how we make a living..Getting paid...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)