Cancellation Questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Fripp

Original poster
Mar 30, 2004
I have regrettably decided to cancel Voom. It looks like (for me at least), that Voom bills on the 28th of the month and then takes it out of my CC on the 7th of the following month.

-If I cancel today, will my CC be billed anyway for the upcoming month? Or…

-Since it is before the 7th, when they usually take it out of my CC, will I not be charged for the month of September? Or...

-Will I be billed but credited for the 29 days that I will not use (DirecTV does this)? Or...

-Will I end up paying the full $100 dollars for 2 days of programming?

Thanks in advance,
Josh

they pro-rate the month you cancel, but they charged my CC 5 weeks later anyway and then said I would have to wait 6 weeks after that to get it back.

So they DO pro-rate when you cancel. That's good news. Can anyone elese confirm this?

All I can say is good luck They will bill you even after you think its over . 1 Thing you need to do for sure is get a cancellation number and the person you speak to and then call you CC company and give them the info . This is what I did so I don't have to fill out any papers for disputing a charge . My CC company just charges it back to voom .

Fripp,

You might as well start your cancellation process today since
VOOM decides the actual date you are considered "inactive".

My experience in a nutshell...
I cancelled over the phone on Aug 13th.
Earliest equipment pickup date supplied by VOOM was Aug 20th.
I later find out VOOM wasn't notified by my de-installer till Aug 23th.
In VOOM's eyes I cancelled on Aug 23th.
I went ahead and cancelled my CC so I could keep my money instead of VOOM trying to take out the next month's payment on Aug 27th (and they tried!)

I asked them to disable the box when I cancelled and used the phone date as the date of disconnect.

occammd said:
I asked them to disable the box when I cancelled and used the phone date as the date of disconnect.

I asked for immediate disconnection of the VOOM signal as well during the initial phone call but the CSR told me the de-install process didn't work that way.

Watch that card!!!

It's so bad it's almost funny. I read the horror stories posted concerning improper billing and cancellation nightmares and worried myself. When I cancelled at the end of July I followed up with phone calls every 2 to 3 days after Installs Inc took the equipment. After 10 days they showed the equipment logged in and said my account is closed and I'm due a refund of $33. I asked if I could be assured that there will be no more billing to my card. "Oh no sir, that account is shut off".
Well lo and behold guess who bills me last Friday for Aug-Sept service period. Yep...it's closed alright. Another call and now my credit due is up to $89 and change. Oh and it'll be 3 weeks till it's posted. I'll be following that up with more calls till they're sick of me. Then the card gets cancelled just in case. :cool:

I was told it would take 4 weeks to get a brand spanking new CC from my bank. My card actually came today (only 2 weeks later).
It's such a good feeling to have a CC that VOOM doesn't know anything about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)