cancellation timing?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bryanw20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
After idk 10-15yrs I'm going to cancel at the end of my current contract (extension) which is in a couple weeks. I already got my sep bill & it's auto paid.

when should I time my call so there won't be a new charge for a month I don't plan on having service (oct)? or have to wait forever for a refund

That's definitely the best way to do it. And they'll probably offer you some sort of discount or other perks to stay.

Being out of contract gives you some leverage. I played that game for awhile before I finally cancelled.

Call and remove the auto pay immediately.

Then cancel whenever you feel like it.

Then the billing cycle no longer makes a difference since Dish will pro-rate the charges and only charge you for the days you use.

A matter of fact, since Dish bills in advance I would cancel the auto pay as soon as you can.

Better to owe a balance and have to pay them when you want to pay them, then have to wait for a refund check.

I don't close accounts very often, but when I do, I always call right at the beginning of the billing cycle to cancel. Like the OP, I don't want to pay them anything when I no longer have service, and I don't want to wait for a refund. I have had problems with other providers in the past, screwing up the date when I tried to schedule a disconnect in advance.

Reactions: comfortably_numb
Thanks for the info.
I finally called today. Thoroughly impressed, 0 wait time. Dude knew my 10+yr history immediately. When I said cancel to save money he immediately said how about 1/2?
Wow. It did require a new 12mo contract.

Curious now what would've happened had I said no?

But happy camper for now. Don't have to try to stream on my poor internet.

Crap, I forgot to ask about getting a realignment and/or a new reflector. I'm getting some random breakups, I don't have the protection plan added.
Think it's to late to ask?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)