Cancelled Dish - Where's my boxes?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Dish no longer sends out boxes to customers. They stopped doing that two months ago...For examle. In the past we would go to an upgrade and install the new EQ. The customer would then be shipped boxes with prepaid shipping lables. Now we have to collect the EQ and bring it to our office. We now absorb the cost of shipping Dish's EQ back to them.
My advice to you is don't stand on principle. Get soem boxes, find out where to send them, and ship them back. It's better to pay a few bucks to UPS than to get slammed for hundreds. Don't dig your heels in on this..Just get rid of the potential headache. I know this is a sh!tty thing to do but the consequences can be a real rip....

I don't think that is true. I work in a retail store that handles ups packages and every day we get ars boxes from customers to ship back dish equip.
I got 7 boxes today alone.

I'm going to be doing this with our old account next month, glad I'm only sending back 322s as they're much lighter than say, a 622 o_O I feel sorry for anyone that leased and plans to send back a 942, 922 or a 721, hahahaha.

I also canceled The Dish about 1 month ago Nov 27th. I was told I didn’t have to return any equipment to them. They said they would send me a check for $11.00 for the time remaining on my service about 8 days or so.

I just called them when I read this post and told them I hadn’t received my check for $11.00. The customer service representative said he processed the check while I was on the phone and it would be mailed to me now.

I don’t know why I was allowed to keep my equipment, my brother also canceled The Dish and switched to AT&T U-verse and he had to return his equipment.

I had The Dish for a little over 3 years and my brother had his for around 4 years. Our plans were basically the same except I had 2 receivers one with DVR and 1 standard.

I’ll let you know when I get my check and then look into putting the receivers on e bay.

I'm going to be doing this with our old account next month, glad I'm only sending back 322s as they're much lighter than say, a 622 o_O I feel sorry for anyone that leased and plans to send back a 942, 922 or a 721, hahahaha.

?????

The return is on Charlie's nickle.

Took me forever to get them as well when I cancelled.
this company is a complete joke, and I had nothing but the same bad issues for the 10 months I could deal with them. I finally after 3 weeks got my boxes returned, and the funny thing of it was I had to beg them to take my 2nd 622 back, they could not find any record of it.

I have called them at least 10 times about my final bill which I know was at least 50 bucks, and they have no record of my account.

Just pathetic!!

I love dish, but AT&T has a better price combo wise or needless to say I wouldn't be cancelling. I still will recommend Dish to friends as an alternative.

I sent the DVR and remote back via UPS since boxes have yet to come, was $12 so no biggie. I explained to the CSR who I could barely understand that I have no stepladder and couldn't get to the LNB and she stated that was okay, if they do charge me they will credit it back.

Now... I wait.

Update -

Glad I sent the equipment back on my own because while the boxes arrived their was no UPS shipping label inside as advertised. Wow! :cool:

I went from going to do a vacation downgrade to outright canceling my account after being lied too several times. I think the incompetence of Dish is at an all time high. I have recorded every conversation so I can go back and listen to them. I told the csr to ship the boxes to a new address three times and she verified the address. Then they ship them to a house I no longer own! What a bunch of idiots. They have no problem spamming my email and phone with "win back" deals. Im so pissed off at dish I will never go back. Love the dvr but the company is rampid with dumb ass csr's. Maybe it's the outsourcing but even the Americans I have delt with can't do their job. I love how you get 30 days to return the equipment - the shipping date it takes dish to ship the boxes to you. I have asked for return labels via email from several csr's and they all say within the hour and I never get them. guess I'm going to send one in the box I got and the other I will cut in half so it fits in the box. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)