Cancelled dish

I was not able to get that changed when I tried in the past, so I would say that is 100% correct.

When I cancel my DISH service and am waiting for the box to return my 722 rec'r -- will I still be able to watch the shows already recorded on the 722 DVR?

When I cancel my DISH service and am waiting for the box to return my 722 rec'r -- will I still be able to watch the shows already recorded on the 722 DVR?
You should be able to. You won't be able to watch from an EHD.

I'd disconnect the coax leading from the Dish before you cancel, so that a "disable" signal can't be sent to the box. That shouldl buy you more time.

Reactions: ChadT41
You should be able to. You won't be able to watch from an EHD.
Thanks for the info! I was hoping that would be the case -- so that I could finish up watching some things for a few weeks before I return the unit. I'll make space and move some things back over from the EHD before canceling service.

What if I just Suspend my DISH service (for $5/month) - will I be able to watch programs already recorded on the 722 (not the EHD)? Should I disconnect the satellite lines and/or the ethernet before doing so?

If on pause, I beleive you should still have access. Best bet, take away any chances and just unplug the coax.

I have another question. I know I won't have access to my EHD when my account/service is Paused -- but if I un-Pause then will I again have access to all the programing already recorded on the EHD (prior to Pausing)?

Only expected to send it back if you can safely access it. If you cannot safely access it, then they will automatically write it off as long as the receivers get back.

There may be an offset credit for it. PM Dirt and see if that may be what's left over from programming. May not have realized it if they applied 2 credits for the box returns costs, but you still had programming costs, and it would cover those, so the credit applies before the box charges.

I can't wait to cancel Dish. Picture quality is crap. I've been a Dish customer since 05. Dish you can only compress so much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts