Cancelled Dish

Worth something that have that equipment on current account that can be activated as a replacement.

Are you sure? When I activated a Wally in place of my 211K, the csr told me to recycle it. I asked if it could be activated again on my account or someone else's, she said emphatically "no".

• Sad
Reactions: pattykay
Worth something that have that equipment on current account that can be activated as a replacement.
The OP said they are cancelling their sub to DISH. They won’t have a current account and someone who has a current account won’t be able to activate them on theirs unless they are replacing kind for kind.

Starlink hasn't released pricing for the home equipment.
Spacex has said that the antennas will cost a couple hundred and will be basically plug and play.. though they will need to be mounted outside to get signal so you would need some expertise.
Here is a quote from an interview in october with spacex president Gwynne Shotwell:
"When consumers sign up, they are going to receive a box from SpaceX with a user terminal and a cord. How that gets connected and where the terminals should be placed in someone’s home are still issues to be ironed out."

Spacex has said that the antennas will cost a couple hundred and will be basically plug and play.. though they will need to be mounted outside to get signal so you would need some expertise.
Here is a quote from an interview in october with spacex president Gwynne Shotwell:
"When consumers sign up, they are going to receive a box from SpaceX with a user terminal and a cord. How that gets connected and where the terminals should be placed in someone’s home are still issues to be ironed out."

$200 doesn't sound too expensive to me and is more than worth it if the service is an improvement over what I have now with Viasat.

On first of November 2019 I was able to activate a New account on Dish4MyRv Pay as you go using a Vip211k and a VIP 222k...Was told that there's no planned date for dropping activation on Pay as you go account.. You cannot use Dish CSR to activate.

$200 doesn't sound too expensive to me and is more than worth it if the service is an improvement over what I have now with Viasat.
People refuse to pay 10 bucks to get a truck roll on a TC. YOU may pay the money without hesitaiton, but the masses want evcerything for free

The OP said they are cancelling their sub to DISH. They won’t have a current account and someone who has a current account won’t be able to activate them on theirs unless they are replacing kind for kind.

What I get for leaving off a few words like of same model.

Try Orby Tv for satellite, unless you like sports. It is pay as go.Works very well in bad weather doesn't go out like D* and E* if the dish is peaked correctly. No internet needed, just a thought.

• Sad
Try Orby Tv for satellite, unless you like sports. It is pay as go.Works very well in bad weather doesn't go out like D* and E* if the dish is peaked correctly. No internet needed, just a thought.
My Dish and my brothers Directv didn’t go out, when leaked correctly. There really is no difference between the three, when peaked correctly.

My D* service still had rain fade,and had signal reading of 95-99 on most all transponders, some in the high 80's. E* service I don't remember to long ago. Orbys signal seem pretty strong is all I know.

My D* service still had rain fade,and had signal reading of 95-99 on most all transponders, some in the high 80's. E* service I don't remember to long ago. Orbys signal seem pretty strong is all I know.
Unless comparing them, at the same time, peaked optimally, it’s hard to say that the experience is of relevance. For instance, if I have Directv during a hurricane, and Dish during a clear day, and Orby during a snowstorm, all of those readings are going to be skewed.

Reactions: chainblu
The official Starlink website invites everyone to use bets version of the internet. Among all users, they will select those with the needed location and provide them with the equipment to test the Internet. The sources said the router will cost 100$ and the monthly payment for 10 MB speed 10$.

The official Starlink website invites everyone to use bets version of the internet. Among all users, they will select those with the needed location and provide them with the equipment to test the Internet. The sources said the router will cost 100$ and the monthly payment for 10 MB speed 10$.
10 MB or 10 Mb?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts