Cancelling Dish Network service

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

TheForce

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 13, 2003
Jacksonville, FL, Earth
What is the latest procedure to cancel my Dish Network service?

I have two (VIP722 and VIP722K) systems that were leased. The dishes on the roof are my own purchased separate from Dish Network.

I wonder if they will send a service truck out to pick up the two DVR's or do I have to return them myself? I will disconnect the DVR's and have them ready with remotes. Do they send me shipping cartons?

On billing, I just paid my Dish Bill and I assume that covers for the month of January. Do they issue a credit on my CC for the unused portion?

When you cancel, they will send you boxes and charge you for shipping them. That's a bummer but it is what it is. They will tell you that they want the LNBs shipped also and all you have to do is tell them that they are in an area that you can't get to them and they will waive the charge for not returning them. I believe that they will prorate your sub but the shipping charges might eat that up.

Reactions: TheKrell
They did not want back my 722 or 722k leased when i downgraded to only one receiver. Vip series are to old now. Quote from other thread. :
Thank you for providing this information. At this time, the equipment that is expected to be returned back to DISH is from our Hopper family--Hoppers (all models), Joeys (all models), Wallys, Smart Cards from the above receivers, remotes, and LNBs. For the receivers in our VIP family (722, 922, 612, 622) if they are disconnected prior to 11.15.18, they would still need to be returned.

--Trisha R.

I guess final answer would be when you call.

Reactions: TheKrell
Thanks for the info- I don't mind sending the LNB's back but they are 12 years old, besides, They didn't sell me those as I purchased them with the dish and mounting hardware.
Bobby, how old is your information?

What is the latest procedure to cancel my Dish Network service?

I have two (VIP722 and VIP722K) systems that were leased. The dishes on the roof are my own purchased separate from Dish Network.

I wonder if they will send a service truck out to pick up the two DVR's or do I have to return them myself? I will disconnect the DVR's and have them ready with remotes. Do they send me shipping cartons?

On billing, I just paid my Dish Bill and I assume that covers for the month of January. Do they issue a credit on my CC for the unused portion?
When we cancelled. I did it over a months time. We had 2 hoppers and a joey. First I cancelled the joey off my account and they said they didnt want it back. A couple weeks later I cancelled the second hopper. They sent a prepaid box to send it back. Once that cleared and showed that it had been returned then I cancelled service. They then sent the box for that hopper and I only got charged once.

Sent from my SM-G950U using the SatelliteGuys app!

Thanks for the info- I don't mind sending the LNB's back but they are 12 years old, besides, They didn't sell me those as I purchased them with the dish and mounting hardware.
Bobby, how old is your information?

They don’t want any of it back. It’s all garbage. When you call to cancel, can’t confirm that but everything you have is obsolete

They don’t want any of it back. It’s all garbage. When you call to cancel, can’t confirm that but everything you have is obsolete
Yeah I forgot that the 722s are now considered obsolete. But if they insist that they want those LNBs, even though you bought them yourself DISH considers them theirs, beg off. Why would you want to pay to ship them your property. ;)

Reactions: charlesrshell
The fact that it’s 12 years old and that it’s the plural of LNB, tells me that he has a super dish or. turbo 500 and those are DP singles or duals, also obsolete

Reactions: charlesrshell
Yes, I believe it's a "Super Dish," but if it was theirs I wouldn't mind letting them come getting it but they aren't climbing on my roof. Because it is not theirs, they are welcome to pay me $200 for the dishes. :)
The second one is a 30" single I had on 61.5. It's what I used to prevent rain fade. But now both are aimed into a big tree in my neighbor's yard. They still receive signal through the tree but when it rains and the leaves are all wet, all dish loses signal. One of several reasons I am ending my service.

Reactions: LQQK
Officially ended DN today! called and had to listen to their sales pitch for 15 minutes, like an exit interview. Then I was told I needed to send my two DVR's back within 30 days or pay the new price. They will be sending me boxes for $15 each. But then the CSR said wait, your equipment is only to be recycled locally. He said you can destroy them or give to a friend. I asked about the cards and he said they can't be used so he didn't care what I did with them.

Claims I have a credit balance on the account and will set up a credit to my card.

In the sales pitch he did say that being a 20+ year customer I was able to get a free upgrade to the latest Hopper system for each of my rooms and half price on the service for a year. I thanked him for the offer but declined. I forgot I had been a customer since the late 90's. I recall I had DirecTV for about a year before adding Dish Network.

Half price for a year? I think I would have taken that deal!

It's now redundant service so even for $5 it would be wasted money.

Looking forward to removing the dishes from the roof.

Really enjoying my TIVO Edge and mini + Apple TV 4K with Fubo service. Everything is working great.

Reactions: Howard Simmons
In the sales pitch he did say that being a 20+ year customer I was able to get a free upgrade to the latest Hopper system for each of my rooms and half price on the service for a year. I thanked him for the offer but declined. I forgot I had been a customer since the late 90's. I recall I had DirecTV for about a year before adding Dish Network.

I was in an online chat last week and they started this offer to me (also a 20+ year customer) but I did not let them get far before telling them thank you but no thank you as I am considering cutting the cord, so I may have cut them off before mentioning the half price service for a year, do you know if they meant half price on fees for the hopper system or half price on programming??

Officially ended DN today! called and had to listen to their sales pitch for 15 minutes, like an exit interview. Then I was told I needed to send my two DVR's back within 30 days or pay the new price. They will be sending me boxes for $15 each. But then the CSR said wait, your equipment is only to be recycled locally. He said you can destroy them or give to a friend. I asked about the cards and he said they can't be used so he didn't care what I did with them.

Claims I have a credit balance on the account and will set up a credit to my card.

I'll be making that call very soon...I might eat a Gummy before dialing!

My previous discount just ended. It was a $30 credit for one year. I called today and got a 2 year price lock plus a $25 dollar discount. Also had the option of a one year $30 discount but no price lock. It made sense for me to take the two year deal. They did tell me upfront about putting account on hold and also early termination fee. I’m happy with this deal. I thought they treated me fair.

do you know if they meant half price on fees for the hopper system or half price on programming??

Didn't go into details. Just said free upgrade to hopper system for my whole house ( I assumed he meant two rooms and 50% off the bill) and "half price on service." because I have been a good customer for 20 years. He said the installer could solve the rain fade problem I told him as one of several reasons I decided to cancel and go with a Tivo and antenna.

My rain fade problem keeps getting worse as the trees in my neighbor's yard are growing so tall they now block the path and when they get wet from rain, I lose signal until the leaves dry.

Reactions: LQQK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)