Cancelling E* contract, what do we do with the equipment?

robx46

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
For a few reasons, we have just had it with E*, can't do it anymore, they screwed with us one too many times.

So we just scheduled for D* to come and set us up on apr 2nd. So we are going to wait to cancel E* until we are definitley up and running with D*.
When this happens, we are aware that we have a couple months left on our E* contract, and according to our agreement, we'll have to pay $13.33 for each month left upon cancelling (so it should be $13.33 x2).
OK, fine, just hope that goes as its supposed to.

At this point we'll have our 2 dishes down and recievers disconnected once D* is up and running.
So what do we do from there?
Clearly they aren't going to tell us to keep all the hardware.

So are they going to come and get it? Do we need to box it all up and pay all the shipping? Or will they send us boxes to ship the stuff in, cuz we certainly don't have the original boxes, they left with all that stuff after the install.
If we do have to ship that stuff out, I heard (but am not sure which is why I'm asking) that they send you the boxes you need and give you shipping labels to cover shipping.

I really don't know. If somebody could let me know how this works, and we can expect, it would be appreciated.

They will send you pre-paid shipping boxes to return the receiver(s) and the LNBs off of the dish. They do NOT want the dish itself or the mount. I'm not sure about the remotes...

For a few reasons, we have just had it with E*, can't do it anymore, they screwed with us one too many times.

So we just scheduled for D* to come and set us up on apr 2nd. So we are going to wait to cancel E* until we are definitley up and running with D*.
When this happens, we are aware that we have a couple months left on our E* contract, and according to our agreement, we'll have to pay $13.33 for each month left upon cancelling (so it should be $13.33 x2).
OK, fine, just hope that goes as its supposed to.

At this point we'll have our 2 dishes down and recievers disconnected once D* is up and running.
So what do we do from there?
Clearly they aren't going to tell us to keep all the hardware.

So are they going to come and get it? Do we need to box it all up and pay all the shipping? Or will they send us boxes to ship the stuff in, cuz we certainly don't have the original boxes, they left with all that stuff after the install.
If we do have to ship that stuff out, I heard (but am not sure which is why I'm asking) that they send you the boxes you need and give you shipping labels to cover shipping.

I really don't know. If somebody could let me know how this works, and we can expect, it would be appreciated.

I had the exact same problem as you 2 months ago but it was vice versa. D had messed up one two many times so I switched to E. Im glad that I did, I hope the same goes for you..

I did the same when my Dish contract ran out last week. I went back to cable (TWC) and couldn't be happier to be rid of Dish. Too many reasons to even list, not that anyone would care.

They sent me pre-paid shipping boxes for my receivers. They told me not to worry about the dish or the LNB's. Since they are on my roof, and I'm not too fond of heights-- they will just sit up there collecting bird sh*t.

Make sure you write down the tracking numbers of the boxes when you send them back. Or better yet take pictures of the equipment going into the boxes and pictures of the shipping labels. Make sure you can read everything on the shipping labels in the pics. That way you have proof of the boxes and condition of the receivers. One of those CYA's that I do anytime I send something off to any company.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts