Cancelling Showtime Half Off For Six Months

Galoot

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 14, 2008
I signed up for this offer and have paid through March. After realizing there weren't any Showtime on-demand or online viewing through Dish or my internet provider, I'm attempting to cut off this part of my subscription after the first month is over. I changed my programming online, but the offer still stuck through August.

I chatted with a CSR through the DISH website today. I had to emphasize twice what I wanted to do. After stating this clearly at the start of the chat, the CSR directed me to change the programming online and told me the subscription would last through August. I repeated my request for it to end in March, and they indicated I would be able to do so online tomorrow.

I took a screen grab of the final dialogue in the chat box and saved it in case this option doesn't exist.

Has anyone managed to cancel one of these half off/six month offers before the auto expiration?

I'm sure you can cancel it.

Unless you prepaid it 6 months in advance as 1 lump sum, you should be able to cancel and the only penalty would be the loss of the promotion and remaining promotional credits.

It's the same thing as canceling the free movie channels free for 3 months when you sign up for new service

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts