Canned Dish...Hope I Don't Regret

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

kpeercy

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 19, 2004
I only had 2 months left on my contract, so I canceled for $20 and ordered Direct for this Saturday. Went with Ultimate, the Sports Pack, HD for Life and 3 HD receivers (1 DVR). It's basically the same setup I had with Dish, with the one additional HD receiver. Channel disputes did it for me, as well as MLB channel, ESPNUHD and full time HD RSN's.

Hi, just curious about the monthly cost after the promo goes away. How will your new Directv bill compare to the Dish bill?

On the other hand if you can't get some channels on one provider that you really want I guess the price really can't be compared.

Hope you enjoy your new service, DC

Hi, just curious about the monthly cost after the promo goes away. How will your new Directv bill compare to the Dish bill?

On the other hand if you can't get some channels on one provider that you really want I guess the price really can't be compared.

Hope you enjoy your new service, DC

One of the nice things you can do on the Directv website while researching prices once you pick a package it will show you the price during promo and after promo, I think as you are putting the package together thats were it will show you

I am making the switch also.. I was very impressed with how well everything was spelled out and was given URL's on where to go to claim my rebates as well as understanding TOS and the whole shooting match.... Back when I had DirecTV in 98-00 the service was hit or miss, but when I signed up was pretty darn good and it was nice actually chatting with someone here in the states... Dunno if that had to do with me being a new customer or what, but that was a refreshing change. When I called to cancel Dish lastnight the first person I talked to was overseas, but was able to get someone here in the states to do my cancel... From what I have been reading here in the D* Forum I don't think you will regret it... CC

I think you'll be happy with the switch, especially if you're a sports fan.

As with both providers, they each have their strengths and weaknesses. I've been with DirecTV since '99 and have had no issues with them.

Regarding the call center contacts, I also have had all of me calls answered by someone in the states.

:welcome To the DirecTV Family. Where you enjoy watching tv vs fighting about what Dishnet is doing for you.

canned dish hope I don't regret

I only had 2 months left on my contract, so I canceled for $20 and ordered Direct for this Saturday. Went with Ultimate, the Sports Pack, HD for Life and 3 HD receivers (1 DVR). It's basically the same setup I had with Dish, with the one additional HD receiver. Channel disputes did it for me, as well as MLB channel, ESPNUHD and full time HD RSN's.

I don't think you will regret it. I have also switched and have taken the Ultimate package.
They are coming today to install. :) I too am tired of lack of RSN HD plus a lot of other things. Like the delay in getting CBS in HD.

It will take some time to get used to it but you won't regret it. Each company has their advantages and disadvantages. As long as you get the channels you and your family want, you'll be happy.

Welcome! As a recovering Dish Network subscriber as well, I can tell you that you will be happy you switched! I'm going on almost eight years clean and dish free....

Yeah Direct seems to do a better job on their contracts it seems. I don't know why here of late Dish waits so long to get things going. Either way Direct by far as a better overall product I'm glad I made the switch. You will enjoy Direct and Welcome to the Dark Side.. :)

Of all fairness in the FOX dispute, I believe Newscorp Fox's Parrent Company still owns 36% of DIRECTV, its good for them if people leave DISH for DIRECTV. ;)

Now on to the question from the OP, I do think they will like DIRECTV, the HR24 is a good receiver. The channel lineup will take some getting use too, but other then that I do think they will be happy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)