Cannot access the 9000's

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Bear.3

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 12, 2006
Little Rock, AR
My old 722 could access the entire channel spectrum but since I got the hopper the My Channels list only goes to the 800's with only 3 inconsequential channels in the 9000's before starting back at channel 1. How would I, for example, access ESPN at 9421 when it went out for a while today if I can't see it in my guide? Typing in the channel does not work either.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Can you please pm me your receiver id number of the Hopper that had the issue?

Dish is trying to figure out why this happened on only some receivers.

I have just PM'ed every member that reported this issue seeking some information from them. If you had this issue earlier today we could use your help in figuring out why this issue happened only on some satellite receivers.

If it happened to you please EMAIL me your Receiver ID (and ONLY your receiver ID, for your security do not send me your account number, account information or smart card number.) I will then pass this info on to the team at DISH who is working on this issue. Please only send the receiver ID that you saw this happen on and not all the receivers in your house. :)

The email to send this info to is... espnhd@satelliteguys.us

Thank you for helping us help DISH make their service better. :)

Ok, to be clear, the issue Scott must be talking about would be the ESPN outage.

By design, the Hopper does not show the HD channels in the 9000 range if they are mapped down. Most HD channels are right next to their SD counterparts. The few that are HD-only are most likely in the 300 range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yes they changed the mapdown for the World Cup App for channel 140 so when some folks tuned to 140 the World Cup app loaded instead of ESPN-HD.

Because the receiver thought that ESPN-HD was no longer mapped down to 140 it then showed it in the 9000 range.

So far I only have 4 people who sent me their receiver ID. We need more so we can figure out why this didn't work correctly for only some customers.

I have just PM'ed every member that reported this issue seeking some information from them. If you had this issue earlier today we could use your help in figuring out why this issue happened only on some satellite receivers.

If it happened to you please EMAIL me your Receiver ID (and ONLY your receiver ID, for your security do not send me your account number, account information or smart card number.) I will then pass this info on to the team at DISH who is working on this issue. Please only send the receiver ID that you saw this happen on and not all the receivers in your house. :)

The email to send this info to is... espnhd@satelliteguys.us

Thank you for helping us help DISH make their service better. :)
Sure thing. Will email you this evening when I get home.

Moving past the ESPN HD issue (I will email my receiver #), does anyone have anything to add regarding my base question..."How do I access the 9000's? Since I got my hopper they no longer show up in my guide. It goes to 883 then 9405 9406 9559 9582 then back to channel 1." Yes, I am looking in the All Channels list.

In my guide, I get 79 channels listed in the 9000 range in the "All Channels" display of the guide. I have a Hopper with Sling. Am I the only one with a HWS that gets the 9000 channels listed in the guide.

In my guide, I get 79 channels listed in the 9000 range in the "All Channels" display of the guide. I have a Hopper with Sling. Am I the only one with a HWS that gets the 9000 channels listed in the guide.
In my HWS guide 9000 range I only get 16 channels in "My Channels" and 17 channels in "All Channels."

Jerry but your not getting all the HD channels listed in the 9000s. Those are hidden because of the remap.

It's just like you can't tune to SiriusXM in the 6000 range as those channels are remapped to channel 99. :)

I only subscribe to Dish America and BB@Home, so I do not know about SiriusXM. Is my Hopper doing what it is susposed to or not. I do not use the 9000 channels for anything anyway, so it should not effect me and I get ESPN on 140 I think.

I only subscribe to Dish America and BB@Home, so I do not know about SiriusXM. Is my Hopper doing what it is susposed to or not. I do not use the 9000 channels for anything anyway, so it should not effect me and I get ESPN on 140 I think.

I subscribe to AEP, Xtsy, Multi-Sport, Blockbuster@Home, International Basic, Italian Raitalia, Heartland, and Outdoor Sports. Wonder why I don't get 79 channels in the 9000 range like you do! I only get 17 channels in the "All Channels" mode.

I subscribe to AEP, Xtsy, Multi-Sport, Blockbuster@Home, International Basic, Italian Raitalia, Heartland, and Outdoor Sports. Wonder why I don't get 79 channels in the 9000 range like you do! I only get 17 channels in the "All Channels" mode.
You don't see them because you are not supposed to. The are supposed to be hidden on the Hoppers. I personally wish that they were not hidden but that is the way DISH wants it.

You don't see them because you are not supposed to. The are supposed to be hidden on the Hoppers. I personally wish that they were not hidden but that is the way DISH wants it.
How many 9000 range channels in "All Channels" mode do you see? Wonder why the difference between jerryez 79 channels and my 17 channels! Is this something that changes all the time, sometimes you see them sometimes you don't? Does different DMAs have something to do with it?

I get 20, but most are just duplicates. The ones that show in My Channels are the only ones that aren't duplicates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I have 12 channels, 7 pi channels, 2 DISH channels and 3 HD channels that I do not sub to so they are not mapped down.

I get 20, but most are just duplicates. The ones that show in My Channels are the only ones that aren't duplicates.

What do you mean by duplicates? Duplicate channels in the 9000 range or 9000 range channels duplicate with the most of the lower number channels? What do you think why the difference in the number of channels in 9000 range between all of us?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts