Cannot end late the recording of any program that is being handled by PrimeTimeAnytime

MortiseMaker

Original poster
Jun 29, 2004
Greenfield, IN
Well, I just woke up to the fact (after a lengthy discussion with tech support) that one cannot extend the "End Time" of any program that is being recorded by PrimeTimeAnytime. I lost the opportunity to view the last several minutes of the Colts vs Texans game last Sunday.

I don't know how I overlooked this "feature". I see in other threads that some of you are solving this problem by recording whatever program follows the prime time show. That did not occur to me, since I pointed to Guide, hit select. Then when back to My Recordings, found the Colts and modified the "End Late" to add 90 minutes. Of course, that is not what happened. Apparently PrimeTime overrides the "End Late" specification in the timer. Seems if this is the default and cannot be fixed, then the system should not allow one to extend the end time in the first place.

I expressed incredulity that Dish had heard from no one other than me that this is NOT OK.

I have experimented with several ways to solve the PTAT run over issue. The best way for me is an OTA CBS manual weekly timer set for Sunday 10 to 11:59 PM CST.

Most people noted it, and took other measures as posted. Adapt and overcome.

I have experimented with several ways to solve the PTAT run over issue. The best way for me is an OTA CBS manual weekly timer set for Sunday 10 to 11:59 PM CST.

That's a good one. Why didn't I think of it?

Edit the timer to the length you want it and unskip the event in the Daily Schedule. It will use a different tuner and add the time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)