Cannot figure out FTA receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ptbbaw

Original poster
Aug 12, 2010
New York City
I have been using cband for over 10 years, never had any problem always solved issues on my own, i have a dsr922 receiver and c/ku lnb. I recently bought a coolsat 7100 fta receiver, the user manual realy don't help any. I cannot figure this thing out, i found a site that shows how to slave with the 922 got it connected and i am able to watch regular cband channels but i can't get no menu info or nothing from the fta to show up on my tv screen. the fta reads main on the front, when i turn the fta off channels go off:rant:. can some one please tell me how to get this thing working correctly
i would deeply appreciate it.

You must also connect the video out from the FTA receiver to the TV using another input on the TV. The FTA receiver will not supply video to the 4DTV, only satellite signal from the LNB. Both your FTA receiver and the 4DTV receiver will have to be connected to your TV separately.

Thank you very much. is it very hard to program these machines or is there a website that a person can go to help them program. after going thru the menu there is a lot that's got to be done. i did channel searches for the different satellite, made changes where needed still can't find any transponders

Last edited:
That depend you watch C band or KU band signal, you need to enter the freqquency information, etc to enable an active TP to work with, once you get the signal, you are going, with BUD dish, you may need to twist the dish a bit to get the ku signal.

THANX. got it working found a few satellites but when it was updating galaxy 16 the darn thing froze and i can't unfreeze it. shut it down and unplugged it and it's still frozen. what must i do to unfreeze. thanx

Last edited:
If its still frozen when you power it back on, turn it off again, unplug the cable from the satellite, then turn it on. Delete whatever channel it is stuck on,, power down, re-plug sat cable, power up and see if you're in business again.

GOT IT WORKING

thanx for the help, got it working, i noticed when it messy with the g4 sat it freezes. i just gotta stay away from that one

Glad you got it going again. Sometimes these little computers goof up and need rebooting. Lately I'venoticed my old rec trying to lock up on 103w ku, seems like the remote is slooowww to change channels lol.

G4 has some good stuff on there....what do you mean it messes up?

I know there are some feeds on 3820 V that are 4:2:2 (instead of standard 4:2:0) so some receivers it might "freak" (my Pansat does that). You would get a green screen when you select one of those channels

I don't know why it messes up, but everytime i download that particular sat the system freezes. do you know if there is a way to add other sats because i noticed certain sats r not in the menu, like galaxy 19 and a few others

Most receivers allow you to add a new satellite, or at the very least, modify existing ones. You can really use ANY listed satellite, as long as you input the correct settings and orbital position. Names mean nothing.

G19 has gone through a few name changes

G19 was
G25 for a while due to a name change....before that it was
IA5 due to a name change (new sat owner)...before that it was
T5

so check the sat list....its probably in there...whatever sat is at 97W should work :)

The strangest thing happened, had a bunch of satellites programmed in and a lot of channels until 2 days ago, went to watch and there's no signal no where. had all the positions and and other settings on paper and for some reason can't find any signal nowhere. can someone tell me what happened. i also did a factory reset and started all over again and nothing happened.

Are you still getting signal/quality readings on any satellites, or is that gone? If so, you're lnb may have died, dish got twisted on the pole and is no longer tracking, cable connector got water inside or otherwise lost connection. Any number of things. Start with checking the cable and connectors though, if you have a short test cable, hook up receiver at the dish and see if you get anything.

i get signal quality all the way up into the 90's. at one point i got the level /quality in the green when i moved and came back to that sat nothing was there. the dish moves east to west with no problems. i get all of the regular c-band channels, no problem there.

Give up some details-what kind of receiver? What kind of feedhorn? If you're getting c-band but no ku, you have me stumped. Corotor or a c/ku lnbf? Dish type? This is like pulling teeth.

What is the good stuff ?
Is G4 Galaxy 4 ?

Thanks

Tony

networks
ABC & MY Network TV in HD
sports feeds (some of the ABC college football)
the 4:2:2 syndicated feeds. Some of those shows are on stations I cant get or are on at weird times.
analog feeds

A 10ft sami dish, Chaparral corotor ll plus with a norsat 8700l cband dro lnb / Eagle Aspen Ku .6 db Lnb . my cband channels are perfect 80 - 99 signal strength

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts