Cannot get signal with my new 1000.4 dish

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

35LKSA

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 30, 2008
Eastern PA
So here is where I’m at.

My service was already setup for 1 ViP622 and 2 antenna's (110/100 & 61.5). The new cards have been installed in the receiver for a fe months already. My Dish500 antenna went bad leaving me with only the 61.5 dish working. Service was very flaky at best as 110 and 119 were gone. 50% of the time I was looking at the SEARCHING FOR SATELLITE screen. I had wanted to go to a 1000.4 dish and this issue finally pushed me over.

I assembled my 1000.4 dish. I removed the dish for 61.5 from the mast and put the 1000.4 dish on the mast. Using a compass, I pointed to dish to 186º with the elevation and skew set. As per the instructions I connected my meter to 72.7 (port 2). and fine tuned to the highest reading I could get. I connected the receiver to the antenna.

I go inside and turn on the receiver and TV. Go to POINT DISH screen and I have the following issues.

1. My only options for DISH is SUPER DISH, 300 or 500. I cannot select 1000.

2. I cannot select 72.7. I can pick from 61.5, 72, 77 105, 110, 118, 119.

3. I picked 72 as it was the closest and DISH = 500 .

3. I cannot see a signal at all. Nada, Zilch, nothing

Any help before I spend money getting a local tech to come out?

I called DN Tech Support and they verified the pointing angles with me. I am in an RV so DN will not get involved with sending a tech out.

:eurekaI finally decided to reset the receiver. Then I was gonna go over and do the check switch. When the reset completed it downloaded the channel guide. I said to self - ah-hah; it is seeing something. So I ran check switch and I had 61.5 only and on port 1. :eek: Went outside and rotated the antenna slightly to the right until I had a good peak signal. Ran check switch again and I had 77 on port 1; nothing on ports 2 and 3. Moved the dish slightly to the right again and had all 3 birds (P1=77, P2=72.2, P3=61.5) albeit 61.5 was very weak. Adjusted the the elevation a bit until I had good signal on 61.5 but now 77 was weak. So I split the difference between 77 and 61.5. All three look good now. :bounce

alles ist gut. I do thank both of you for responding.

point your dish @ 170 - 175 degrees on the compass. elev & skew are right? is your mast plumb? 1k.4 is an eastern arc equipment. so your dish has to point SE.
PS I have installed in RV's before. and I am a DNS Tech, corporate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts