922 Pros

shodobe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
NorCal
I know somewhere in this mass of posts there is an answer to my question, but I thought I would ask anyway. The new 922 is coming soon. What is so special about it and would it be a good thing to have?

It has a 1 TB hard drive. The remote has a touchpad. It is sling loaded. You can use a wireless keyboard for surfing the web on it. It's a great peice of equipment.

I played with it briefly in Denver. I like most about it--except the remote. I would not accept having it without a standard remote with number buttons. But then I never liked the laptop touch pads, either.

they are pretty cool, a little slow cuz the kinks are being worked out..... totally different interface too. but like they said, huge hard drive, cool remote that takes getting used to, sleek design and internet accessable

Early rumor was that we didn't get access to more than half of that huge hard drive. That still true?

So are you limited to the internet Dish provides or can your wirelessly connect and use your own ISP?

What do you mean the internet that Dish provides? Dish does not provide internet service.

So with the internet capability, those who may want MLB.com baseball may be able to acces it through the TV with the 922 hooked up to a internet connection. Sounds like the 922 has some great possibilites

That is an interesting idea. The problem I can see is that Dish will probably charge for this feature even though you use your own ISP for access. Now my other question is this Slingbox feature. What is it really and is there an advantage for someone like me who stays away from home up to 10 days at a time. It would be nice if I could access my EHD remotely from work to watch stuff I had recorded instaed of burning DVDs at home and taking them with me.

That is an interesting idea. The problem I can see is that Dish will probably charge for this feature even though you use your own ISP for access. Now my other question is this Slingbox feature. What is it really and is there an advantage for someone like me who stays away from home up to 10 days at a time. It would be nice if I could access my EHD remotely from work to watch stuff I had recorded instaed of burning DVDs at home and taking them with me.

Charge for it? :rolleyes:

From what I read about slingbox, it allow you to access your current tv channels away from your home with your laptop for example if you have internet access. For example if you are in florida and want to watch your local news in michigan, you can catch it on your computer. Kind of like your taking your satellite service with you? I also think you will be a able to watch recoreded shows on from your DVR as well on your computer.

They are also making a portable TV that will pick up the signal from the sling loaded 922. You can bring the TV to the garage or any other room in the house and watch your dish wirelessly.

wondering just how good the web browser is going to be. I'll bet they limit compatibility with a lot of stuff.

I have been wanting to get a second box. I was thinking a 722k (have a 722 now) but I am holding off for this one. hopefully it turns out really good- i really like the 722.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)