Not open for further replies.

navychop

Member of the Month - July 2014!
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Jul 20, 2005
Northern VA
Yesterday I added some pictures to my PC. I started a post where I was planning to add the photos. But only older files were shown as available in the directory- none of the new photos appeared on the list. Yet via Windows I can clearly see they are there. They just do not appear when I try to insert in the post.

And have you been working on the system? Yesterday (I think) I tried to upload a pic off my iPhone but the option to do so was gone. In fact, as I edit this post I only see the little bird icon and no others. Yet all were there with the original post.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App using an iPhone.

Nope no work has been done in about a week.

As you can see from the screenshot below the attachment options are still down below in the app.

ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1406552853.267271.jpg

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Not always.

Perhaps a bug in the app.

And- any idea why I can't get a current directory listing to upload from on a PC?

I don't know what a "current directory listing" is. What file format is that?
This was the question I wanted to ask. If the pictures have an extension that isn't listed, they won't not show up.

The list of supported format is: .zip, .txt, .pdf, .png, .jpg, .jpeg, .jpe, .gif, .xls and .apk.

If the pictures were .raw, .jp2 or .tif or some bastard Adobe rename of a conventional format, they won't appear in the Windows dialog.

They are jpg.

From the PC, going by memory, selecting "Insert File" let's me navigate to whatever directory on my PC. But only an outdated listing appears. Photos were dl from my iPhone to the PC yesterday just before attempting to post.

The photos are viewable on the PC.

I will fiddle with it tonight. Either I've made an error or something odd is going on.

Well, time to 'fess up on one of the two items:

The uploading of pictures was, SIGH, caused by a defective keyboard to chair interconnect. I had somehow made the same subdirectory under Documents and Pictures, and was going to the wrong one. SIGH. My apologies for wasting people's time.

However, the attachment icons DO NOT always all appear. DK why. But if it continues, I'll post again. MAYBE it's a Tapatalk bug. Has no one else seen this? I guess I'll have to learn how to take an iPhone screenshot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)