Cannot move saved PTA shows from Hopper to External Drive

lborges

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 23, 2003
Cannot move saved PTA shows from Hopper to External Drive..
When I go to move saved shows to the ED, all I see are the programs from non-PTA. For instance, I have the last 5 weekly episodes of NCIS that I wanted to save to the ED. When I went to move the folder it was not shown. All I could see were non-PTA folders. Am I doing something wrong or does the Hopper not allow saved PTA episodes to be saved on an ED.

I think you have to move the episodes individually. The latest episode is not movable until it leaves the PTAT area...

You can not move PTAT recordings until after the default 8 days retention. Need to be sure you have saved them before the 8 days are up, but that does not explain the 4 prior episodes.

Cannot move saved PTA shows from Hopper to External Drive..
When I go to move saved shows to the ED, all I see are the programs from non-PTA. For instance, I have the last 5 weekly episodes of NCIS that I wanted to save to the ED. When I went to move the folder it was not shown. All I could see were non-PTA folders. Am I doing something wrong or does the Hopper not allow saved PTA episodes to be saved on an ED.

You can not move PTAT recordings until after the default 8 days retention. Need to be sure you have saved them before the 8 days are up, but that does not explain the 4 prior episodes.

I think he's got the the 5 episodes in a folder and he is trying to move the folder to the EHD. If the 5th episode is still in the PTAT window, he's not gonna be able to do it.

I removed all episodes from folders and listed alphabetically.. Went to transfer and same problem.. none of the PTA showed..

Just in case there might be some bug, I tried a few PTATs. They all showed up. So, Dunno.

I removed all episodes from folders and listed alphabetically.. Went to transfer and same problem.. none of the PTA showed..

I assume that you used the Green button and selected the "No Folders" option. Doing that should make the PTAT recorded episodes that are older than 8 days be listed individually for EHD transfer. If you have a lot of content on your internal hard drive, then you may be running into the known issue that only some of the recorded programs get listed when trying to transfer content to the EHD. If you have this problem, then the most recently recorded programs are generally listed for transfer, but older programs are not. Using the Yellow button to try both "DVR Date" and "A-Z" options does sometimes help with this EHD transfer problem.

I have the same or similar problem and have not yet figured out what the problem is. Some of it seems to be related to ptat, but some movies I want to save for when the grandchildren come to visit simply do not show up for transfer even though they are there.

Missing shows on the EHD transfer list has been a problem for a long time. There have been several threads about it here but it still doesn't work right. Like was said above, switching from 'Folders' to 'No Folders' and 'DVR Date' to 'A-Z' helps show different titles for selection. Maybe some future software update will fix it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)